View Full Version : How to Protect Picture Files?

saggy2004
03-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey Buddies,
Sometimes advanced features can be annoying.. For e.g. Nokia 6630's inbuilt gallery viewer, scans complete mobile for images present and displays all images in Images section. There can be some images, you don't want others to see, want to keep out of other's reach.. My previous nokia 7610 was good at this point, he used to show images present only of current folder, not all mobile memory... And one more thing, if you rename extension of this JPG files, to any other unrecognizable extension, still 6630 is smart enough to recognize that file as picture file and displays in images... and that really sucks !!.. So now I have come up with searching for such a software/app which can protect image files, with password OR simply HIDE the folders from Nokia's inbuilt images viewer's reach... and that software should be smart enough not to display even thumbnails of these images... Do anyone know about such application?
Regards,
Sagar...

zainman
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
smartcrypto.. u can encrypt ur files with a password and no they dont appear as a thumbnail anywhere.. u can only c them in Fexplorer like 'image1.jpg.enc'
i use it with my 7610 all the time.. very handy application

daywalker
03-01-2005, 06:01 PM
hi, try MumSMS from handango.com here is a list of functions:

Functionality:
A fire-new, powerful, secure and easy-to-use messages managing UI(user interface).
Protect(Hide) the received messages(SMS/MMS) automatically if user defined.
Protect(Hide) the sent messages(SMS/MMS) automatically if user defined.
Protect(Hide) the messages(SMS/MMS) in the draft folder automatically if user defined.
Supported Hide/Show message of any folder by handy choose in message manager.
Unlimited amount of user-defined profiles which can be switched at will.
Supported two type of profiles: black lists (hide all message on list) and white lists (hide all except what are on the list)
Any telephone no./contact person/prefix of telephone no. are allowed being added in the list of profile.
Supported user-defined screen saver of message manager.
Supported user-defined unread notification of automatical protection.
Supported scanning of any folders to hide/show/apply-profile by handy operation.
All hidden messages can be read only after right password input.
All hidden messages are pretected in good order.
Monitor is running automatically after power on.
All messages could be synchronized with other devices/network in your usual way.

Supported Language :
English.
Simplified Chinese.
Traditional Chinese.
Portuguese.
Finnish

Unplugged
04-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Cant you just rename the extension in fexplorer? not tried yet but the gallery only shows known file types.

saggy2004
05-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Cant you just rename the extension in fexplorer? not tried yet but the gallery only shows known file types.

UNPLUGGED buddy.. sorry, but u haven't read my query properly as it seems...I already tried that thing...but 6630 is smart enough to recognize those files, even if u change their extension to any damn thing...and it is not always possible to rename extension of all files, bcuz files can be more than 10, 100, 1000...so it will headache to rename them, to hide, and rename back to unhide...did u get my point? I am expecting programmers to make APP like Folder Guard by WinAbility.com which is meant for PC....but atleast somewhat closed to that software, which can hide/unhide folders, with some combination ok hotkeys and password....

saggy2004
05-01-2005, 08:41 AM

I got an IDEA to cheat Nokia 6630... I changed extension of Pictures files to AVI which well recognized format... And guess what, images disappared from Gallery->Images... But those files get listed now in Gallery->Videos section...but who cares, when somebody tries to open them..they don't get open at all giving error in AVI file........well, but although it was good idea, but not good solution at all...my question remains same...isn't it tough job to rename files everytime which can be more than just a one, maybe 10, 100 or 1000s!!

Unplugged
05-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Obv I cant comment on the quantity but the phone is that stupid hence why you can bypass the coipy restrictions by changing the extensions from aac to m4u, sis to sis_ and mid to mid_ to send.

flyinBrian
26-01-2005, 02:30 PM
hi, try MumSMS from handango.com here is a list of functions:

Functionality:
A fire-new, powerful, secure and easy-to-use messages managing UI(user interface).
Protect(Hide) the received messages(SMS/MMS) automatically if user defined.
Protect(Hide) the sent messages(SMS/MMS) automatically if user defined.
Protect(Hide) the messages(SMS/MMS) in the draft folder automatically if user defined.
Supported Hide/Show message of any folder by handy choose in message manager.
Unlimited amount of user-defined profiles which can be switched at will.
Supported two type of profiles: black lists (hide all message on list) and white lists (hide all except what are on the list)
Any telephone no./contact person/prefix of telephone no. are allowed being added in the list of profile.
Supported user-defined screen saver of message manager.
Supported user-defined unread notification of automatical protection.
Supported scanning of any folders to hide/show/apply-profile by handy operation.
All hidden messages can be read only after right password input.
All hidden messages are pretected in good order.
Monitor is running automatically after power on.
All messages could be synchronized with other devices/network in your usual way.

Supported Language :
English.
Simplified Chinese.
Traditional Chinese.
Portuguese.
Finnish

Have you used mumsms on your 6630? If so which version did you use. I have just got my 663o replaced twice by orange as it would not switch on propery, i am almost sure it was the mum sofware that caused this. Does it matter if you save the software to the memory card, cos that is what I done

chicko
26-12-2005, 08:04 AM
dowload fileman from any site then go to the program which is to ba renamed,press the rename button the full file extension will be seen for example kingkone.sis rename it in any format if this format is not supported by the mobile gallery it will not show it but still it will be there in the file man but hidden and not shown in the gallery area.its easy i learnt it myself

greatkushan
19-08-2006, 02:28 PM
dear 6630 friends,

this is to inform u that i have found a way to hide the images that u want to hide from others......

first get Fexplorer and install it in phone...

then find the image directory...

select the file you wanto hide,

then "option>file>set attributes> hidden>on"

then select the file again and renaim it to "XXXXXX.jpg.enc"

then go to the gallery of phone like normal way you go before get Fexplorer,

then u will see the different........ these hidden files only can open using Fexplore software.....

so make sure you have hide the Fexplorer icon in unrecharbe menu place.

thank you..... if anything u want to know about 6630... just ask......