View Full Version : Nokia 6630+3g

Fidelko
29-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I would like to ask you for a favour.... be so kind and post your experiences,recommendations,and opinions about using this device in 3G.
iam interested in standby time,if it differs from country to country,or not,speed of connection to the net and wap,speed of download/upload,stabilityvideo callings,and other new services and possibilities of/such as video streaming,and so on/ 3G.
Be so kind and post... it will be very good,if there will be many posts from many different countries... :rolleyes: thanks a lot in advice :D

daywalker
29-12-2004, 07:05 PM
have only had my vodaphone 6630 for a couple of days but am very impressed with the speed on connection to the 3g net/wap pages,its seems almost instantanious! i also have a 6600 & 7610 (not on 3G) & have noticed that the connection time seems alot quicker, but being 3g it should be of course!

Fidelko
29-12-2004, 09:16 PM
have only had my vodaphone 6630 for a couple of days but am very impressed with the speed on connection to the 3g net/wap pages,its seems almost instantanious! i also have a 6600 & 7610 (not on 3G) & have noticed that the connection time seems alot quicker, but being 3g it should be of course!

and what about the speed in numbers /kbps/ ? thanks for the post.... i hope,that there will be much more... :D

TokyoScoop
30-12-2004, 04:47 AM
I'm on Vodafone Japan's 3G network and my 6630 is quite fast. It seems to connect to sites much more quickly than my last phone, which was the Sanyo V801SA. I think that's probably down to the faster processor than any change in the network.

When I am overseas and using GPRS, everything takes much, much longer. You can get several hundred kbps from the 3G network although for things like mail and WAP browsing everything is so fast that you don't really have to worry about the speed - kind of like dial-up versus ADSL.

TS

Fidelko
30-12-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm on Vodafone Japan's 3G network and my 6630 is quite fast. It seems to connect to sites much more quickly than my last phone, which was the Sanyo V801SA. I think that's probably down to the faster processor than any change in the network.

When I am overseas and using GPRS, everything takes much, much longer. You can get several hundred kbps from the 3G network although for things like mail and WAP browsing everything is so fast that you don't really have to worry about the speed - kind of like dial-up versus ADSL.

TS

thanks a lot..... iam not so amazed,because you are in Japan,which is a country of dreams and technology.... :rolleyes: as i know,there are these operators:Vodafone Japan,KDDI and the biggest NTTDOCOMO... :D
could someone post pictures as well ? with screentaker,its a good application,ehich takes your actual screen.... thanks

Fidelko
30-12-2004, 07:54 AM

TS

oh,before o forget :D i mean pictures of the screen in 3G ... downloading files,videocalling,web browser,and some other pictures,how this device works in 3G ...
.and be so kind post numbers of speed as well,because the answer that iost very fast its not enough :D thank a lot again :rolleyes:

Fidelko
01-01-2005, 09:31 AM
any other new posts of 3G users with experiences in the new year ? :rolleyes: :D
someone from Austria,Germany,or any other country with UMTS ? :rolleyes:

PS-happy new year ;)

Utenteanonimo64
01-01-2005, 09:47 PM
any other new posts of 3G users with experiences in the new year ? :rolleyes: :D
someone from Austria,Germany,or any other country with UMTS ? :rolleyes:

PS-happy new year ;)

It is fast but the latency before data starts flowing is still there as it was with GPRS on GSM. Regarding numbers: I'll try to measure the data throughput for a file transfer using the phone as a modem; is there any symbian freeware application to measure it directly on the phone?

UA

Fidelko
02-01-2005, 07:30 AM
It is fast but the latency before data starts flowing is still there as it was with GPRS on GSM. Regarding numbers: I'll try to measure the data throughput for a file transfer using the phone as a modem; is there any symbian freeware application to measure it directly on the phone?

UA

i dont know about application like that,but iam not a really experienced user of Symbian,than maybe there is some application :D and what about pictures of screen in the device working in 3G ? :rolleyes:

Fidelko
03-01-2005, 06:46 PM
i dont know about application like that,but iam not a really experienced user of Symbian,than maybe there is some application :D and what about pictures of screen in the device working in 3G ? :rolleyes:

no other 3G users with experiences ? :frown: today the 3G icon appeared on my device for some minutes,and i dont know,if its only a bug,or mistake of my phone,or my operator is testing 3G,which will be comercially launched next year :D