View Full Version : 2 things i need help with

Mahnbre
27-12-2004, 09:24 PM
ONE:

When bluetoothing files from PC to 6630, it will only let me send files that fit into the phones internal memory (because it saves them to the SMS inbox first, then u transfer them from there), so what do i do if i want to send i file thats, say, 20mb to my phone? it just says 'memory full, delete some data'....there must be a way around this i.e a way to send files directly to memory card?, otherwise whats the point of having a memory card? so u can have hundreds of 6mb files on ur phone?!

TWO:

I know, im with vodafone and i cant have mp3 ringtones, which is SHIT, but apparently i am able to have .aac ringtones...that...is...a...LIE. it still says 'file format not supported' when u try set them as ringtones, anyone know a way around it?

So far i'm sooo disappointed with this phone, well not the phone so much as vodafone, ive only been with them a few days, the sim hasnt even been activated yet, im thining of just taking it back and buying it sim free so i can have at least the freedom NOT to buy ringtones i want from vodafone.

anyway, if anyone has any answers they will be gratefully received,

cheers,

Harvey

Jay3gsm
27-12-2004, 09:38 PM
TWO:

I know, im with vodafone and i cant have mp3 ringtones, which is SHIT, but apparently i am able to have .aac ringtones...that...is...a...LIE. it still says 'file format not supported' when u try set them as ringtones, anyone know a way around it?

You must be doing something wrong. I use i-tunes. Open i-tunes, select the tune, right click, change to aac, copy and paste it to my desktop. Then I put it on my MMC. OPen the file manager (the Nokia one), play it, set as ringtone, done. Works fine. If its an SMS tone (I flick between the ICQ received message tone or MSN) I save the file to gallery and save it as a message tone from there.

So far i'm sooo disappointed with this phone, well not the phone so much as vodafone, ive only been with them a few days, the sim hasnt even been activated yet, im thining of just taking it back and buying it sim free so i can have at least the freedom NOT to buy ringtones i want from vodafone.

cheers,

Harvey

One option, go buy it on Orange. My Voda 6630 is over 14 days so it's going on EBay and I will pay off the contract with the proceeds. I've got the 6630 on Orange and it has no problems playing MP3 files as ringtones.

Mahnbre
27-12-2004, 09:51 PM
nope, thanks for ur advice but it still doesnt work, 'unable to set as tone, file format not supported' even though its clearly .aac format

daywalker
27-12-2004, 10:01 PM
ive just got mine on vodafone & although iam pleased with the phone i am not with vodafone, they have got rid of ine good feature of the phone just so they can try to sell more of their crap ringtones of off vodafone live :mad: :icon13:

Ratkat
28-12-2004, 12:24 AM
ONE:

When bluetoothing files from PC to 6630, it will only let me send files that fit into the phones internal memory (because it saves them to the SMS inbox first, then u transfer them from there), so what do i do if i want to send i file thats, say, 20mb to my phone? it just says 'memory full, delete some data'....there must be a way around this i.e a way to send files directly to memory card?, otherwise whats the point of having a memory card? so u can have hundreds of 6mb files on ur phone?!

TWO:

cheers,

Harvey

If you have installed Nokia PC Suite, you can open your phones memory card from the Transfer Files option and paste directly to you memory card.

Or I think this will work, you can change where the phone saves your mail to the memory card.

Mahnbre
28-12-2004, 12:45 AM
thanks for the reply but how do i change where my phone saves the mail ?

clive1
28-12-2004, 10:22 AM
thanks for the reply but how do i change where my phone saves the mail ?

Go into messaging, select options, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select other then select memory in use and change it to memory card.

you can also run the recorder and go into settings on that to change it to the memory card

Mahnbre
28-12-2004, 11:54 AM
ah! thanks mate, got it....still a very very poor feature about the mp3 ringtones so im still takin it back and gettin it sim free, next question is....

clive1
28-12-2004, 12:17 PM
yeah i cant understand why vodafone would have done that??

question for you guys here, if you used the format code on a vodafone 6630 would it replace the original software and not the vodafone played with rubbish????

The_Fellowship
28-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm not sure. I thought the format option only worked on the C: drive. I'm assuming Vodafone's restrictions are present in the firmware on the ROM (Z: drive) which can't be modified.

Can anyone confirm this???

N/A
28-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Correct.

Mahnbre
29-12-2004, 11:21 AM
just thought id add that