View Full Version : MP3 as Ringtones

daywalker
27-12-2004, 08:53 PM
ok i finall have my 6630 & am so far very impressd with it, i have got UltraMP3 installed & the sound quality seems really good.

I want to use MP3s as ringtones but when i try to select them all i get is the message "Unable to set as tone.File format not supported"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It is a vodafone phone & i did read here that vodafone disabled this facility & that MP3s apparanetly work on the generic 6630s.

In the settings menu there is an option to delete the operator settings, would this solve this problem?

thanks in advance :D

Jay3gsm
27-12-2004, 09:40 PM
You should try using the search button on the forum, very useful.

Anyhow, change the format of the tune to aac. If done properly you can then use the tune as a ringtone.

Otherwise buy the phone on Orange, you can use MP3 files for ringtones on Orange no problem.

Dany
28-12-2004, 11:10 PM
ok i finall have my 6630 & am so far very impressd with it, i have got UltraMP3 installed & the sound quality seems really good.

I want to use MP3s as ringtones but when i try to select them all i get is the message "Unable to set as tone.File format not supported"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It is a vodafone phone & i did read here that vodafone disabled this facility & that MP3s apparanetly work on the generic 6630s.

In the settings menu there is an option to delete the operator settings, would this solve this problem?

thanks in advance :D
I Use AAC Format And It Works
U Can Use iTunes To convert MP3s to AACs