View Full Version : Lid catch problem

eshahwe
25-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi. I have just had my Nokia 9500 communicator replaced because of the latch problem. On my new one, I have realised the latch is getting loose again. So I was wondering, for those people that have used their phone for more than a week, if you lift it up by the top, does it open on its own? Thank you

Delta737
25-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I do have the feeling it's getting weaker (bought it on Monday). It won't open immediately, but if you wiggle it around a bit, it will. Not enough to take it back though (for now)

HyPeR
25-12-2004, 08:01 PM
mine 2, if my phones kept closed on the tble & i pick it up the lid opens 1st makin its almost slip off my hand.plus a new things come up 2day, everytime i open it up or adjust the tilt of the screen,it SQUEEKS. at this price it should be rock steady.

eshahwe
26-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah Nokia should really do something about this. Anyway mine is going back. Expansys are probably starting to get bored because of me. My first one had a catch problem, returned it and got one with a better catch but dodgy screen, returned it and got this one and seems it has the catch problem. I just hope I get a better one this time.

HyPeR
27-12-2004, 04:21 AM
the nokia 9300 has a magnet. now if the magnet is pretty strong, i'm sure it would be better that the nokia 9500's.

whatever you do & how many ever time u change ur phone , the nokia 9500's lid IS going to get loose, its just built that way.