View Full Version : unable to access memory card

razvan
22-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I bought a 6630 after long waiting and reading the reviews and I must say I am pleased enough, except one very strange thing: every now and then I receive "unable to access memory card" although my card is there and with enough space on it. The cure is to reset the phone, or the pull the plastic handle which is holding the card and than push it back, or sometimes just try again to access the card. I formatted the card and insert again, change the name of the card, ... with no luck. The card is the original I've got in the package.
Any ideas, please?

can16358p
22-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Maybe the transferring metal parts aren't really clean enough. The only possible idea I have...

razvan1
23-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I noticed that the MMC trouble happens mostly when the battery is almost discharged. It never happens when the phone is fully charged.
Is this normal?

willbrady
23-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi.

Bought mine yesterday and it did the same thing - and yes, the battery was on it's last bar and beeping - charged up overnight and not had the problem today.
So it sounds like that theory may be correct ;)

can16358p
23-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Maybe its something for saving battery life.
Maybe when you access MMC with that battery level it will just turn off in seconds so they maybe decided that.

razvan1
24-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I am interested if every 6630 user experience the same problem

zerone
25-12-2004, 03:00 AM
I had the same problem. I tough it was the mmc broken or crashed.

When you pull that "bar" of plastic, try to insert the mmc till it makes a "click".. i can't explain well, but it must be all inside.

after lots of minutes on mobile it detected but after i tryed to access it mmc dissapears.. but i discovered that..

try to do it ;) to remove mmc you need to open the "bar" wait for "closing applications" message, and then you can click inside and it will pop out of the "mmc-spot" (:

merry x-mas ^^

Pipie
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Hope it wasn't destroyed by a static discharge! :o