22-12-2004, 03:54 PM
When changing profiles with the front keypad I often get the message:

Error - 13

The, when I open, the inside screen shows:

Program closed
Program: CuiProfiles01101f8e50
Reason code: CuiUiCompnents
Reason number: 23300

It works fine when selected using the inside keyboard.

Anyone else seen this?

eshahwe
22-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I havent seen that one yet. Does it happen all the time you change profiles. If it does, then you might want to back up all your data and then do a format and see if it happens again.

HyPeR
23-12-2004, 03:49 AM
i think u only need to reset ur INI files. on reboot just press ctrl+shift+chr+i

abehod
31-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I got my 9500 3 days ago. I put it on silent mode before i go to bed. Today i tried to switch to general profile, it won't let me do it neither from the inside or the outside of the phone. When i try to do it using the keyboard it will give me this message
"Not enough memory. Close some applications and try again" although no applications are open.

The profile on the outer screen won't come up and it give me an Error: -13

Any help in my case.....

Please let me know

eshahwe
31-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Try rebooting by removing the battery or rebooting by using software. If it doesnt work, then u need to reset your .ini files.

abehod
31-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Try rebooting by removing the battery or rebooting by using software. If it doesnt work, then u need to reset your .ini files.

I have tried rebooting by removing the battery several times and it never worked. Now how do i reboot using the software and how do i reset my .ini files?

Thanks

eshahwe
31-01-2005, 10:33 PM
on reboot just press ctrl+shift+chr+i

abehod
01-02-2005, 01:14 AM
I tried that but it didn't do anything. How do i reset my ini. files

Your help is much appreciated.

abehod
01-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I read through a very helpful forum on http://www.9500communicator.com/forum/

You have to format your communicator by pressing shit+cntrl+F continuously after rebooting your phone. You have to do it before the handshake appears. It will ask you if you want to format and you should press yes.

Make sure you backup your info before formatting

cmc
09-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Make sure you backup your info before formatting[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the help on this re. the Profile Error 13. Rebooting/resetting etc. restored the smooth operation of Profile settings...until I restored all my data from the back-up on the PC. Now I'm back to square 1 again with error 13 on the phone screen/and or "Program closed - Control Panel - Reason Code E32USER-CBASE - Reason No. 21 when trying set profiles within desktop.

How do I resored all my data without bringing back the dreaded error 13?
Thanks
C

cmc
09-07-2005, 06:08 PM
How do I resored all my data without bringing back the dreaded error 13?
Thanks
C[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, to reply to my own posting, the solution seems to be not to back up settings but only other data/files etc. On my version of Nokia PC suite, there seems to be no option to restore to phone selectively, ie unticking "settings" I could back up to PC with "settings" unticked and then restore all to phone after that, which didn't resore the faulty settings. Took be over 2 hours to footer my way through this. However, everything working now. Thanks for all helpful comments in this thread
CMC

Regi
10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I get the same message re the CuiProfiles on the inside screen when switching profiles on the front screen. I'm using v 4.44 firmware and figure it's either a bug or may have something to do with my profile name being <(-Scythe-)>. I reckon it must be the symbols that messes it up since its the only profile that renders the prfiles selection from the front screen inaccessible and prompts that message on the inside screen. What I do is use the "go to" button to switch from the "scythe" profile to another profile and then go to the profiles selection (all through the front screen, of course) to select another timed profile.