View Full Version : Screen Saver Message Problem - Help Please!!

paul.adams.1
22-12-2004, 12:14 PM
When the phone is in screen saver mode it does not show the envelope to tell me i have an unread/new text message. However it does show that i have missed calls.

Has anyone else had this problem as it was fine on my Nokia 6600.

Does anyone know how to correct the problem?

RS77
22-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Some users have this problem. Seems it is a software problem on 6630 with brandings (e.g. like Vodafone branding). Maybe this will be corrected with next software update!

At non branding 6630 this problem should not exist!

neatheyc
18-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I've got exactly the same problem on my 6630 on vodafone. Its really annoying. Let me know if you come across a solution for it.

I hate vodafone, they're useless. Think we should create a website that explains their limitations to everyone and get it in the news.

fannypad
18-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I hate vodafone, they're useless. Think we should create a website that explains their limitations to everyone and get it in the news.

'Kin top idea mate!

I'm well up for designing the website, could get it up and running in no time.

Anyone fancy getting the ball rolling with regards to collecting information about all the limitations as I am a lazy bastard?

By the way, I have never dealt with vodafone in my life and never will do, but I feel the crap they're trying to pull is ridiculous.

Get on it!

Handy
18-01-2005, 04:03 PM

At non branding 6630 this problem should not exist!

Unfortunately it does exist also on non branded 6630's (so at mine)

fannypad
18-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately it does exist also on non branded 6630's (so at mine)

What firmware version? Press *#0000# to check.

Handy
19-01-2005, 07:13 AM
V 2.39.15, 11-11-'4, Rm-1

neatheyc
19-01-2005, 08:55 AM
'Kin top idea mate!

I'm well up for designing the website, could get it up and running in no time.

Anyone fancy getting the ball rolling with regards to collecting information about all the limitations as I am a lazy bastard?

By the way, I have never dealt with vodafone in my life and never will do, but I feel the crap they're trying to pull is ridiculous.

Get on it!

I don't mind help getting the information. I have a 6630 on vodafone so we can use my phone to experiment. I have even been in arguements with them so I could get them to email me and we post them on the web too!!!