View Full Version : Messaging / Email

durian
18-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi

Any idea how I can set the device such that it will automatically connect using GPRS when there is no WIFI signal?

Is it under roaming? trying setting the 2nd and 3rd but seems like the device only searches the 1st option and stops there...

Thks.

sindu
20-12-2004, 03:27 AM
I was told that you had to manually select whether to use wifi or GPRS for email download.. It does not automatically select the GPRS network if wifi is not present..

sahli
20-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi

Any idea how I can set the device such that it will automatically connect using GPRS when there is no WIFI signal?

Is it under roaming? trying setting the 2nd and 3rd but seems like the device only searches the 1st option and stops there...

Thks.

Use the roaming.... but do not use Easy Wlan... use an accesspoint that you need to set up first, like for example your home wlan SSID. When it does not find your Accesspoint Wlan then it connects to GPRS. I have also set it up that way.

liaonet
21-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Use the roaming.... but do not use Easy Wlan... use an accesspoint that you need to set up first, like for example your home wlan SSID. When it does not find your Accesspoint Wlan then it connects to GPRS. I have also set it up that way.

I have tried all the auto settings and it is painful getting it to work it is much easier to create a maill accoutn instance for each type of connection and pick the appropriuate one to do a retireve mail on for the connection type you have available. See my post other posts today. :)

basispoint
21-12-2004, 02:51 PM
hi all.

Is it possible to retrieve hotmail. I am aware that MSN do not disclose the POP3 mail server details that are required for the email setup. I think I had the same issue with my old 9210i. Thanks all.