View Full Version : 6630 Video Recorder Problem...

AsILayDying
11-12-2004, 11:46 PM
My video recorder was working fine when I got my phone. I loaded a few apps and games and used a lot of memory and then my video recorder said "Memory Full. Try closing some applications and try again." So then I went ahaed and deleted all the programs I put on and restarted my phone, but it still says the same thing with 9 mb phone memory free and 44 mb memory on the card. Can someone please help? Thx - James

saggy2004
20-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey Buddy,
Even, I do receive the same message on my 6630 frequently... I don't understand whats the problem.. I have lots of free space on C,D,E .....and no memory suckings APPS are running behind....but god knows (or nokia) why do i receieve this message.. My previous handset nokia 7610, was fully loaded with dozen of APPS, games, memory sucking APPs, but i never had receieve this message in it.. surprisingly, 6630 has more RAM than 7610..then what goes wrong!! If you get the solution, please let me know too....I will be greatful to you.. For now, I just ignore that message, and continue my work. :)

Ratkat
20-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey Buddy,
Even, I do receive the same message on my 6630 frequently... I don't understand whats the problem.. I have lots of free space on C,D,E .....and no memory suckings APPS are running behind....but god knows (or nokia) why do i receieve this message.. My previous handset nokia 7610, was fully loaded with dozen of APPS, games, memory sucking APPs, but i never had receieve this message in it.. surprisingly, 6630 has more RAM than 7610..then what goes wrong!! If you get the solution, please let me know too....I will be greatful to you.. For now, I just ignore that message, and continue my work. :)

It may be the amount of programs you have running in the background rather than the amount of physical memory you have left.

Try holding down the menu key and close any open programs you find

saggy2004
22-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi ...
I told you, it has no programs running.. I have already verified that....and its never happened with me, when I had 7610....no matter, how much RAM i am consuming...

Ratkat
22-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Funnily enough I just had the same message when trying to uninstall an app, turned the phone off and on and it let me uninstall it.

bellrock
24-12-2004, 04:17 PM
;) Keep Pushing on MENU button for 3 seconds... You ll see which programmes are running in behind..
close all except PHONE :))

you ll see you ll not have that message again ...
apo

My video recorder was working fine when I got my phone. I loaded a few apps and games and used a lot of memory and then my video recorder said "Memory Full. Try closing some applications and try again." So then I went ahaed and deleted all the programs I put on and restarted my phone, but it still says the same thing with 9 mb phone memory free and 44 mb memory on the card. Can someone please help? Thx - James

timbels
25-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Hmm i got the exat same problem guyz.
No mather what i do the phone gives me a memory error when i try to use the video recorder :(

Any tips? (mem is clean, no progs in background).

medler
02-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I have a similar problem to you guys but it is really bugging me.

Normal Camera mode- no problems, but when I click over to video it comes up with the error (feature not supported) It is not a memory problem as there are no programs running in the background. I did a master reset on the phone and it fixed the problem, but then after about a week it's back again. Also I cannot record any voice tags.

Please help me!!! :mad:

sttfay002@mail.
09-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I figures out the problem. I tried installing Tony Hawks(ngage) on my 6630. It overwrites some lib files which causes the conflict. If you remove the mmc and reboot the phone all will work well. So the trick is the format the mmc and it should work. Best thing is to first backup your original mmc and if something goes wrong just format and copy it all back. It worked for me. Oh does anyone know where i can find a Ngage compatibility list with the 6630??
Hope this helps.

Siddharth
09-02-2005, 02:14 PM
faced similar problem while using opera restarted and didnt get the message again.

no prog was running in background.

Dcell
12-02-2005, 12:56 AM
i had this videorecorder problem too today. Very annoying. I tried to soft reset the phone but it didn't work. So when i was home i made a backup of my phone and tried to hard reset the phone. Suddenly it worked again !
but when i inserted my original 64mb memory card into it the problem came back. So i made a backup of my mmc on my pc and i tried to format the mmc in the phone but the problem was still there. Took the memory card out of the phone. Did another hard reset. Made a format of the memory card with my cardreader and popped the memorycard back into the phone and it worked again ! :D after that i put the backup of the phone back on my memory card and reinstalled my settings and files back on the phone. The problem didn't came back ... it must have been the libs of the NGAGE game ( XANADU NEXT ) on my mmc that corrupted the videorecorder. Because yesterday all things were fine untill i installed this game on my mmc.

Unplugged
13-02-2005, 01:52 AM
I get similar messages using the Movie application if I have low space on the c:\ try moving all your gallery stuff to the MMC and make sure you memory in use for video is set to MMC.

dimdim80
27-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone.
I bought one nokia n93 3 months ago.I bought in greece.since then i have taken it to the nokia service 4 times and the third time was replaced.The reason was that when i was recording the timer didnt change normally for example in the beginning it says 2,21 min remaining then 2,44 then 1,2 etc.Nokia told me that this happens because it calculates the time remaning on your memory card or your phone memory.But when i first bought it didnt have this problem.I also asked a friend of mine who has the same mobile and he said that this doesnt happen in his mobile.Has anybody of you experienced the same problem?Is it normal?If it is not how can i repair it.If anybody can help i will be very grateful.

ammar_nj
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I had the same problem and finnally I have the solution
instal aphone explorer like x-plorer it is an ausome program
any way show thw hiden and the systems files
enter the memory card e: and go to the system -> libs
and serch for the ecom.dll file and delete it
restart the phone and " tara " the camera is working guest fine