View Full Version : 9500 contacts

john-se
05-12-2004, 12:37 PM
anyone tried copying your contacts from your phone memory transferred it to your memory card and transfer it back to your phone memory??? what happens??? I have a back up copy of my contacts.cdb from my p900 and copied it to the memory of the 9500 system/data/contacts.cdb and whallah instant contacts. BUT the big problem is that when I tried to move all my contacts from the MMC to the PHone Memory is all mess up. Some have names and some DONT. ANY EXPERIENCE???

petr
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I have a back up copy of my contacts.cdb from my p900 and copied it to the memory of the 9500 system/data/contacts.cdb and whallah instant contacts. BUT the big problem is that when I tried to move all my contacts from the MMC to the PHone Memory is all mess up. Some have names and some DONT. ANY EXPERIENCE???
You really could open contacts.cdb from P900 on N9500? I thought it was not possible (of course I tried it).

So, if yes, try to export contacts from this secondary database (copied from P900) using Contacts Manager (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1208&jid=FDA77D22E4C9XFB7EEEA71A596E77C79&platformId=4&productType=2&productId=52831&sectionId=0&catalog=20&topSectionId=-1) into CSV file and import this file again into another (new) secondary database. If it works, it should be possible to copy these "fixed" contacts into main database without distortion, in the end.

alragom
10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
This might be an overkill of a workaround but it's worth mentioning.
I've always kept my contacts in my P900 synchronized with Outlook. So when I got the Nokia 9500 I just synchronized it with Outlook and voila all my contacts (with every bit of information even notes) were in place on my Nokia.

- Firas