View Full Version : Importing contacts on 9500 from Mac

paolo9500
03-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm glad to report I found a workaround to import contacts from Mac Address Book on the 9500. Not that difficult, when you know how.... ;-))

There's a Symbianware utility for 9210 - SmartVcard - that allows to import contacts from a Vcard file: I tried it and it works fine on the 9500 also.
All you Mac users need to do is export all the contacts in Vcard format (2.1 or 3.0 - it doesn't matter) and import it with SmartVcard.

A couple of things to remember:

- don't send the vCard file via Bluetooth: the 9500 reads it as a single contact and imports just the first one on the list; you have to copy it on a MMC with a Card reader.

- for reason beyond understanding SmartVcard does not recognize the vCard file if it's still on the card, so before importing it you have to copy it on the C: disk.

I'm not going to buy the app until Simbianware releases a 9500 version, but when they do I'll be the first in line :-)).

Hope this helps other Mac users.

Peace

P.

fuoriporta
04-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Grande Paolo! I thought about that SW, but I didn't try because I had already transfer the contacts 1 by 1... via BT...