View Full Version : Connecting to T-Mobile Internet

RomaT
03-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I just got my Nokia9500, and even though in connection settings it already has T-Mobile internet settings, I can not connect for some reason. I have called T-Mobile, but they could not help me, does anyone know if there is anything that should be changed in the original settings!

Thank you,

Roma

hgbayoud
03-12-2004, 09:12 AM
hey roma

mine worked just fine once i had inserted the sim card so no there is nothing you need to do to the settings. When you say it does not work does that mean that you dont see the G with a box around it?

hannab

RomaT
04-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I see the G, but without the box, and then the G dissapears and it comes up with a screen to choose what connection to make.

I called t-mobile and asked them for help, this is what they gave me, but it doesn't work:

Network ID - Default GPRS network
GPRS access point name - internet2.voicestream.com
Password promprt - No
Network type - IPv4
IP address 216.155.165.50
Proxy server - http://getmorespeet.t-mobile.com
Port Number - 8080

Can you tell me what you have for your settings?

Thank you

hgbayoud
04-12-2004, 04:10 AM
I see the G, but without the box, and then the G dissapears and it comes up with a screen to choose what connection to make.

I called t-mobile and asked them for help, this is what they gave me, but it doesn't work:

Network ID - Default GPRS network
Password promprt - No
Network type - IPv4
IP address 216.155.165.50
Proxy server - http://getmorespeet.t-mobile.com
Port Number - 8080

Can you tell me what you have for your settings?

Thank you

hey on my N9500 there is no IP address and proxy server entries - try leaving them blank and see what happens. My N9500 when I put the sim did it all automatically - did yours do it and or you had to enter it manually. Try without these settings and see if it works. Let me know.

hannab

RomaT
04-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey Hanna,

When I put in my sim card, the only way I could browse the internet is if I used T-zones settings.

But when I set up my e-mail, i could not use it anymore, so I tried using T-mobile internet, but that didn't work, what access point are you using? Can you check in your settings?

Thank you
Roma

hgbayoud
04-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey Hanna,

When I put in my sim card, the only way I could browse the internet is if I used T-zones settings.

But when I set up my e-mail, i could not use it anymore, so I tried using T-mobile internet, but that didn't work, what access point are you using? Can you check in your settings?

Thank you
Roma

here is my GPRS

I never use T-ZOne also did you get the $20 unlimited t-mobile internet which is totally different than the t-zone - may be that is why it is not connecting?

hannab

hgbayoud
04-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Go to https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/nokia/com/ , choose your country and network and you will get WAP/GPRS/dialup/MMS/email settings in no time via SMS. The quickest way to configure your Communicator.

try this link...

hannab

hgbayoud
04-12-2004, 11:26 PM
sorry this is not for the USA the link i mean...sorry about that....

hannab

alildevil
08-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Im getting phone tomarrow on DEC9th, I also have tmobile as my provider, and I have the unlimited internet plan as well , (old setup was n3650-bluetooth to my Clie UX50) worked well but I hated having 2 devices. I will post here if I have any results about connection.

As far as getting any help from tmobile regarding settings and such, I doubt it theywill be of any use, they dont even have any setting information in their computers regarding the previous communuicator (9210 I believe). All I got from them was its not supported yet.

but from some pots I read on this the thing should auto configure itself. At least im hoping it does.

**well it did it all by itself, and didnt have to do a thing, nice connections options like to only use when needed and browser has siome nice features. Speed is better than I thought under the Unlimited Internet on my plan.

hgbayoud
08-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Im getting phone tomarrow on DEC9th, I also have tmobile as my provider, and I have the unlimited internet plan as well , (old setup was n3650-bluetooth to my Clie UX50) worked well but I hated having 2 devices. I will post here if I have any results about connection.

As far as getting any help from tmobile regarding settings and such, I doubt it theywill be of any use, they dont even have any setting information in their computers regarding the previous communuicator (9210 I believe). All I got from them was its not supported yet.

but from some pots I read on this the thign should auto configure itself. At least im hoping it does.

it will man configure itself automatically and you will get these when you try to use the web browser - also the sms will be configured automatically

T-Internet
T-Zone
MMS

Enjoy your new toy

hannab