View Full Version : MCE app close

marusho
01-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone ever saw this message appear on their 6260?
I discovered when typing a text message (SMS), with predictive text on, try typing the word "hamster". Initially there won't be such a word, so you will need to use the "spell" and enter it. space and retype hamster with its predictive text. It will come out with that message.. couldn't figure it out, other than not type hamster!! :)

Also discovered that mine isn't learning the words that I spelled? as with other non-symbian Nokia phones.... otherwise its a nice phone.

TANKERx
01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Dude! I tried 'Hamster' and I didn't have a problem. I don't know what could be causing your problem though. It is most odd.

Do you have any 'typing tools' (such as Key Stick) installed? I've found that can cause me some problems while messaging.

marusho
01-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Dude! I tried 'Hamster' and I didn't have a problem. I don't know what could be causing your problem though. It is most odd.

Do you have any 'typing tools' (such as Key Stick) installed? I've found that can cause me some problems while messaging.

If you type it with predictive off, there's no problems. Also discovered if you type "hamst", and then use the */+ button to get "hamster" no problems too. BUT if you type the following sequence 4,2,6,7,8,9 (which spells "hamste", with predictive text on of course) the message would appear. Think it might be a Symbian related rather than 6260. Tested on a friends 7610 and the same happens. Hmm.. I'll try on a couple of other symbian (nokia) phones to see if it appears too.