View Full Version : issues on 9500

toao
30-11-2004, 11:51 AM
I am the proud owner of a 9500 for two days now and am not missing my p800 for the most part (the jog dial was quite convenient indeed), however I have encountered two issues, maybe one of you has come across already:

1) syncing pc suite (on an XP sp2 box) against outlook 2003 does not allow me to sync notes with the 9500. Did anybody have the same issue and find a way to resolve it?

2) after changing some of my profile settings (wave files for ring tones, volume, etc) I cannot change profiles any more at all. Any time I am trying I get an "out of memory" message with the advice to close other applications. However even though all other apps are closed the message stays the same. Anybody out there with the same problem?

best regards,

Lorenz

smythg
30-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Not sure about point 1, but for 2 and the Out of memory.

I have had this a few times and the only way around it appears to be taking the battery out to restart the phone. At least until someone writes a tool to restart the 9500 via software.

ventmore
03-12-2004, 08:38 PM
I am the proud owner of a 9500 for two days now and am not missing my p800 for the most part (the jog dial was quite convenient indeed), however I have encountered two issues, maybe one of you has come across already:

1) syncing pc suite (on an XP sp2 box) against outlook 2003 does not allow me to sync notes with the 9500. Did anybody have the same issue and find a way to resolve it?

2) after changing some of my profile settings (wave files for ring tones, volume, etc) I cannot change profiles any more at all. Any time I am trying I get an "out of memory" message with the advice to close other applications. However even though all other apps are closed the message stays the same. Anybody out there with the same problem?

best regards,

Lorenz
Just got mine today, and it won't let me sync notes either. Had this issue on the last 2 phones I had (blackberry and P900), and got round it by changing the directory it was looking in...however, it's not obvious how to do it with PC Suite, but I'll let you know if I solve it.

Cheers
Ventmore

Huib van den Oever
04-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Just got mine today, and it won't let me sync notes either. Had this issue on the last 2 phones I had (blackberry and P900), and got round it by changing the directory it was looking in...however, it's not obvious how to do it with PC Suite, but I'll let you know if I solve it.

Cheers
Ventmore
I cannot do it either with Lotus Organizer notes.
But what notes on the 9500 are you guystalking about? The good old notes.sis?
Huib

ventmore
06-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I cannot do it either with Lotus Organizer notes.
But what notes on the 9500 are you guystalking about? The good old notes.sis?
Huib
Do I take it we need to install notes.sis before we can synce notes in Outlook...I thought they would sync with the desktop notes on the device.

Cheers
Ventmore

Huib van den Oever
07-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Do I take it we need to install notes.sis before we can synce notes in Outlook...I thought they would sync with the desktop notes on the device.

Cheers
Ventmore
And for each note a new yellow "sticky"? Or all your notes in one?
Could be chaos.

Never used outlook for notes etc. How did this go in the past? (9200).

Huib