View Full Version : Has anyone done a format yet?

barflux
24-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I trying to resolve my contacts issue? Ctrl Shift & F works but to scared to take the plunge. As there is no software on the Nokia's website to restore the pre-installed software?

Nokia said they would have to take it back for up to 2 weeks to reset it, but I have only had the phone since Friday?

I have got everything else to work except VPN. All works perfectly.

Raven
24-11-2004, 08:53 PM
The pre-installed software is stored in ROM, so don't worry, you wont lose it after the format.

barflux
24-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Could someone please do me a huge favour. I need to know if there is problem with the contacts.

I have a contact for example called Adrian Groves, but everytime he calls it come up with Groves Adrian. The Contacts, Telephone and when sending and receiving messages it says Adrian Groves (as I have set the phone to First Name, Last Name)

Am I the only one with this issue?

barflux
24-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Formatted the phone, still makes no difference. Will be returning my phone in the morning. The first dud 9500.

N/A
25-11-2004, 03:59 AM
That Contacts behaviour is probably working as designed/implemented (so, I imagine, replacing it won't have any effect, if that's the only reason you're returning it & wish to have another similar device as a replacement).

barflux
25-11-2004, 08:11 AM
The feature on the 9210i and 9290 and all their other phone the feature works the way it should do? Have had a chnace to try it on your phone? In my case I can only have Last Name then First Name when people call. I don't want that and the phone is not doing what it is being told to. So I will stick to the 9210i unless the feature works. I like the phone, but don't want to live with this fault.