View Full Version : Got the 9500, wondering why...

bumsy
19-11-2004, 04:29 AM
Hello,

I got my Nokia 9500 yesterday and made the switch from my 9210i quite easily. The setup and transfer of data is incredibly easy.

But (with a Nokia, there is always a but!) I managed to find one major bug in the software. I am on a closed user group and whenever I receive a call from another from in the group, the 9500 reboots! Hell ya, it reboots! The message I get on the inside screen in effect says, Error Number 45 in PHONEAPP.

No other call, from other cellphone, using different service providers or from a land line causes this problem.

Now I'm left with a phone that I can't use to call anyone or receive calls from anyone at work....maybe not such a bad thing ;-)....but worrying all the same.

FYI bought it in Bangalore, India. Cost INR 41,000. Came with a funky sync stand, charger and a 128 MB MMC and a headset (wired).

Anyone know how I can escalate this problem to Nokia? Dealing with dealers (excuse the alliteration) is tiresome.

Other than this, it’s a fabulous instrument.

Looking for help…

TheJoker
19-11-2004, 09:35 AM
....I managed to find one major bug in the software. I am on a closed user group and whenever I receive a call from another from in the group, the 9500 reboots! Hell ya, it reboots! The message I get on the inside screen in effect says, Error Number 45 in PHONEAPP.

Anyone know how I can escalate this problem to Nokia? Dealing with dealers (excuse the alliteration) is tiresome.

Hiya, I don't really know what a "closed user group" is, but I've previously had a 9210 that, via Club Nokia was picked up from my house for a firmware upgrade, and returned by courier. This was in London tho'... Do you have access to Club Nokia? If you do, sending them a message there might be a very promising start.

Hope that's of any use... ?!