View Full Version : predictive text

dlsw
16-11-2004, 02:29 PM
i used to write sms using the predictive input and some words in short form which not found in the dictionary i create them and these words are suppose to saved auotmatically and yes it does. but when the phone is off and on again, all those saved words cannot be written again, u got to re-write them again, but if the phone is not off then on its alright. Another problem, try writting 'izzit' or 'muack', spell it and then re-write again, it'll tell u 'app closed sms editor'. is it due to any of the settings, been using lots of nokia phones and its the 1st time i encounter. can anyone help...

N/A
16-11-2004, 06:25 PM
What phone language? What's the T9 dictionary writing language? On my 6260 the T9 does remember new words between phone reboots, and I see no "app closed" errors either with the words you used as example (no clue as to what they mean, though ;) ).

jamiejamiejamie
20-12-2004, 09:51 AM
i'm facing the same problem of the predictive text on my phone.. anyway to solve this problem?

TANKERx
20-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I few people have reported trouble with Predictive Text, one that I remember is someone who's phone refused to spell 'hamster'!

All I can suggest is you giv ethe phone a poke in the eye (hard reset) and see if that fixes it. Failing that, sniff around some Nokia service centres and see about a Firmware Upgrade (for free).

I can't think of any settings that could cause this....... however...... I have known some text entry based applications to fall over if I use one of those joystick-text-entry systems (such as Keystick which causes the MMS editor to crash).

dlsw
20-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi, FYI, I've sent to nokia to check on it already. They said alot had this problem too, all i could do is wait for the new firm ware to solve this problem.

TANKERx
20-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Hi, FYI, I've sent to nokia to check on it already. They said alot had this problem too, all i could do is wait for the new firm ware to solve this problem.

Out of interest, what firmware do you have?

dlsw
23-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Out of interest, what firmware do you have?

hi, firmware is v.3.0463.5ch, 290904, rm25.

DaViD_BRaNDoN
24-12-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm on 3.0463.5ch, 29-09-04, RM-25 as well. So far I'd encounter 'app close, mce' when in text message editing. I think it has something to do when I tried to press 'cancel' very fast and more than 3 times.