View Full Version : A pleasing discovery!!

Orophin Anwarunya
10-11-2004, 02:01 PM
I just found something out today, maybe someone may have already mentioned it, but heres the skinny.

I've found that my mp3 files sound great on the 6260!!!

Ok, they arent as bassy and surrounding as my 6230, but they are crisp, loud and enjoyable. Now, i think this may be due to the fact that i've encoded the files to -

Channels: Mono

Frequency: 16000 Hz

Bit Rate: 40kbps

Encoding: Constant Bitrate

- on dBpowerAmp, and i play them on UltraMP3. The settings have also considerably reduced the size of the induvidual files, thus allowing me to pack in more on a 128mb rs-mmc. I managed to get 3 cd albums to 57mb, 58 files at approximately 1mb per file.

I'm not an audiophile and i do still prefer the quality full stereo, but i am very pleased at how close this has come to that. I'm listening to an excellent dance track now and it sounds great.

Also, i like the loudspeaker of the 6260, it very loud and MP3s play through it very well.

Just thought i'd bring this up for those who may be in doubt and need actuall user feedback.

no name
21-11-2004, 12:10 AM
hey man.. i tried ur way.. seriously my song play nicer compare to original mp3 in my phone..

but i can't ajust the volume..seems that it's the same i set it loud and soft.. any way to fix it ??

no name
21-11-2004, 12:11 AM
btw..any other way to make mp3 sound better ??

DAH!
23-11-2004, 07:56 PM
I can't imagine hearing a 40kbps song....

Even if you play it on iPod, an 40kbps song will never sounds good. 64kbps is the minimum, but it should be stereo. The worst quality I can stand is 48kbps, no less. 64kbps mp3 already distorts in high pitches.

This lack of stereo output made me lost interest of this device.

Why nokia don't make a dedicated Mp3 player like what they did in ngage... Ngage plays AAC, which is much better than Mp3, and I prefer to listen AACs in 80kbps.

actually, 128kbps is a minimum for MP3

I've almost tricked by nokia...... thanks for the info about the crappy mono playback.