View Full Version : Nokia officially announced the 7710

Delta737
02-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Nokia just announced the 7710 on their press conference in Monaco. Full technical details are available on the Nokia 7710 page (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/viewarticle.php?id=116) in our Devices section (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/devices/).

Here is the press release:

Experience mobile multimedia with the widescreen Nokia 7710
November 02, 2004

Feature-packed multimedia smartphone with pen input and handwriting recognition

At the annual Nokia Mobility Conference in Monaco and the Destination Nokia event held in Bangkok, Thailand, Nokia today announced the Nokia 7710 widescreen multimedia smartphone with pen input. With a wide and high-quality touch screen with 65,536 colours, the Nokia 7710 is a pleasure to use for a variety of tasks. The powerful Nokia 7710 includes a full Internet browser, an integrated music player with stereo audio, an extensive set of video features such as playback, streaming and recording, a megapixel camera with 2-x digital zoom and FM radio with Visual Radio client.

The Nokia 7710 works on GSM/GPRS/EGPRS 900/1800/1900 networks, with shipments in Asia and China planned to begin in the fourth quarter, 2004 and in Europe and Africa in the first quarter, 2005.

The advanced smartphone features of the Nokia 7710 allow users to achieve a balance between personal productivity and entertainment on the go. The Nokia 7710 has support for push email based on Smartner solution, VPN client, free user memory of up to 90 MB plus 128 MB on the included MultiMediaCard (MMC), as well as a full complement of personal information management features, an on-screen keyboard and handwriting recognition. The Nokia 7710 runs on top of Symbian OS. The connectivity options for the Nokia 7710 include a Pop-Port(TM) connector with USB and Bluetooth wireless technology for easy data transfer and PC synchronization.

The ability to consume, share and create media as well as using the extensive smartphone features - all on a fantastic display - makes the Nokia 7710 a compelling mobile multimedia device", said Richard Sharp, Vice President, Rich Media, Nokia. "The wide touch screen makes using applications, such as the Time Out Mobile City Guide, World Mate and personal publishing, a very enjoyable experience."

The Nokia 7710 also takes weblogging mobile. With the moblog client, bloggers can upload images and text to their personal blog. The PhotoBase and drawing board applications offer the user versatile image editing functionalities such as crop, zoom, rotate and flip. Users can even write or draw on top of the images they have taken with the Nokia 7710 or draw their own pictures.

The Nokia 7710 smartphone will feature several mobile media applications and services, such as Visual Radio, which provides a richly interactive information channel to dramatically enhance the FM broadcast experience*. For example, listeners can see information on the song and artist currently playing on the radio or participate in competitions. The preinstalled eBook reader lets users enjoy electronic copies of their favorite titles. The eBook reader makes it possible to purchase or download eBooks from the retail site eBooks.com.

The Nokia 7710 will also support the Nokia Streamer SU-22 accessory, which will be used in DVB-H mobile TV pilots in a variety of countries around the world.

Here are some more pics
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,33325,00.html?appId=7710

langdona
02-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Heres some of the pictures.

Delta737
02-11-2004, 01:33 PM
We seem to keep double posting Langdona ;) This time it is your time to delete the message ;)

langdona
02-11-2004, 01:37 PM
We seem to keep double posting Langdona ;) This time it is your time to delete the message ;)

Yep we'll have to stop. Feel free to take on the rest of the pressw releases ;)

Delta737
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Are there any more :con? Don't think so... The story is becoming rather boring ;)(or aren't you watching the press conference in Monaco over webcast?)

Raven
02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
The Nokia 7710 page is also up: http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/phones/7710

langdona
02-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Are there any more :con?

Probably not.

The story is becoming rather boring ;)(or aren't you watching the press conference in Monaco over webcast?)

No I'm not watching. I find webcasts tend to be boring and you get the information quicker by reading the press releases anway.

Vicky
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
And the launch is also in this quater But in Asia only.So its mean we can get it in this year only.
he Nokia 7710 works on GSM/GPRS/EGPRS 900/1800/1900 networks, with shipments in Asia and China planned to begin in the fourth quarter, 2004 and in Europe and Africa in the first quarter, 2005.

J2theIZZO
03-11-2004, 09:19 AM
wow, that's a quick turnaround from annoucement...I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Bassey
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
It's such a shame this device doesn't have wi-fi! EDGE is no use 'cause none of the networks (UK\IOM) support it so Wi-Fi is essential in my next phone. Other than that (and no SD) it looks like the canine's whatsists. So near and yet so far...

JimH
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I'd rather 3G than WiFi, in the UK (and IoM) UMTS coverage is almost as universal as GSM, and if I wanted cheap coverage at home or the office, I'm rarely more than 10m from a Bluetooth equipped PC too.

Jim.

claudio
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
hi guys i'm new to this forum can u help me wht should i buy 9500 or 7710
i don't need wlan .

Bassey
03-11-2004, 01:36 PM
hi guys i'm new to this forum can u help me wht should i buy 9500 or 7710
i don't need wlan .

Claudio, rather than waffle on about the pro's and con's of the two here, I created a new thread in the 7710 forum and waffled on there instead.

it's here (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196119#post196119)

lakeywhite
05-11-2004, 11:09 PM
And the launch is also in this quater But in Asia only.So its mean we can get it in this year only.

Don't forget that this is financial quarters, so 4th quarter is January to end of March next year, 1st quarter is April to end of June.

langdona
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Don't forget that this is financial quarters, so 4th quarter is January to end of March next year, 1st quarter is April to end of June.

I dont think so Nokia normally refer to calender year quarters. i.e. they posted their quarter 3 financials on Oct 14th.

N/A
06-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Any company can choose when their financial or so called fiscal year starts (unless local/country regulations demand otherwise).

Nokia being a Finnish company, where it is encouraged to have the fiscal calendar be the same as the normal calendar year, have the last quarter always refer to October-November.

In general, if companies only refer to Q1-Q3, they mean normal calendar quarters.

When their financial/fiscal year is different, then they often use the term FYQ1-FYQ4.

Japanese companies, like Sony, for example, have their FYQ4 from January to March.

kethrinemoss
22-07-2010, 06:37 AM
The Nokia 7710 operates in GSM / GPRS / EGPRS 900/1800/1900 networks, with shipments to Asia and China should begin in the fourth quarter of 2004 and in Europe and Africa in the first quarter of 2005. The advanced features of the Nokia 7710 smartphone allows users to achieve a balance between personal productivity and entertainment on the road. The Nokia 7710 supports push e-mail based on Smartner solution, VPN client, free user memory of 90 MB and 128 MB included in the MultiMediaCard , and features a full range of personal information management on a keyboard screen and handwriting recognition. The Nokia 7710 runs on Symbian OS. Connectivity options for the Nokia 7710 includes a Pop-Port USB and Bluetooth wireless technology for data transfer and PC synchronization.