View Full Version : Sendo X and nokia compatibility

richieg
27-10-2004, 09:17 PM
I thought I heard that the sendo x is compatible with nokia products as they both have the same connections. Is this correct or is it just the jack for the charger?
Also looking at software, is all symbian 60 software compatible with all phones or is there some limitations such as some software only working with nokia phones and not sendo?

messus
27-10-2004, 11:24 PM
I thought I heard that the sendo x is compatible with nokia products as they both have the same connections. Is this correct or is it just the jack for the charger?
Also looking at software, is all symbian 60 software compatible with all phones or is there some limitations such as some software only working with nokia phones and not sendo?

Hey man, read the forum!! All of your questions are answered here!

BUT! I can give you a few hints!

The nokia chargers DOES NOT work on the Sendo X, differnt size (smaller on the X)
The nokia headsets I have tested on the X works, but with very bad quality compared to the Sendo X original headset. (The Nokia headset I had was supposed to be stereo, but when I opened it and checked, it was soldered for mono sound only, thank you NOKIA!) I do not know about other hardware perhipherals, but I doubt they work on the Sendo X. Read the forum.

The Sendo X is a Symbian S60 device, and in theory should all Symbian software run on it aswell, but unfortunately it doesnt, due to the fact that the Sendo X have a different audio chip/driver that seem to be causing problems with some software.

Some software companies seem to be adapting their software to the Sendo X, bt not all. We all hope that Sendo will increase the software compatibility for the Sendo X with Symbian S60 software by improving e.g the audio driver, but this remains to be seen.

messus
29-10-2004, 01:34 PM
updated