View Full Version : Automatic synchronisation

_jpg_
26-10-2004, 10:08 PM
I am currently using the X's sync functionality to sync with Outlook when I'm at work. It's great because I now have access to everything in my calendar where ever I am.
However, I always have to sync manually - I can set the sync automatically thing in the Sendo Connectivity app, but I still need to keep the app open, and you also need to click continue after it has done a sync. What I really want is something that runs in the background, then just syncs whenever it gets a connection - this way if I connect via bluetooth I just need to go near my computer & I'm sync'd! :)

Anyone know how I can do this? I was thinking of trying to write some app which opened the sendo app in the background (hidden) and kept trying to press continue (although this may cause problems if I actually want to run the sendo app itself). I imagine there may be a COM object or something I could use to do the sync which would be better - anyone have any idea about any of this?

Thanks!

jpg

SPEEDMAN
27-10-2004, 06:14 AM
i can not do it in the background, it always comes in foreground while changing he things it is doing...

the only real problem for me that i experience is that, after finishing synchronising, i get a total error and it shuts down...

strange

_jpg_
27-10-2004, 07:22 PM
That's weird - the actual synchronisation has worked fine for me. Can you synchronise multiple times though? I need to hit the continue button for it to re-synchronise - I can't just leave it to do it each time the phone connects.

!Speedman
28-10-2004, 02:43 PM
i don't do synch when connecting, it takes too much time.

i do it when i want it to be synched