View Full Version : Sync or swim?

slitchfield
25-10-2004, 06:28 AM
Steve Litchfield rants and raves about the continuing failure of Symbian software developers to provide faultless synchronisation. Read his diatribe here (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/viewarticle.php?id=115)...

Bassey
25-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Couldn't agree more. The symbian synch software is pathetic! And having stuck with Epoc\Symbian for several years in the hope they would get this sorted "any day now", I'm going to switch to the "other side" by Christmas.

Delta737
25-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Fortunately syncing is not such a big point for me, but I can definately see how this is important for a lot of people (especially business people). I think Symbian is losing a lot of (corporate) customers because of this!

Ewan
25-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Agreed. And to think just before Psion started programming PsiWin (who's principles still underpin the Connectivity Suites for Symbian OS) they had a chance to buy Palm Desktop and HotSync - and turned it down because "they could do it themselves far better than these upstart Americans."

Of course when no bugger bought their connectivity platform, Palm went out and made their first organiser, the Palm Pilot 100. I wonder what history would have changed on that one decision?