View Full Version : Check Out The Hard Drive On That Phone

Ewan
21-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Symbianware's Desktop FileMan (http://www.symbianware.com/product.php?id=dfm) promises a Windows Explorer Like view of the drives on our Symbian OS powered smartphones. It certainly looks like the sort of thing the power user needs, now that the file systems are being hidden under more and prettier graphics! Desktop FileMan connects to all Series 60 and UIQ powered devices.

Darla
21-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey Ewan, have you installed this on your pc? I tried installing it but got an error message telling me to insert disk 1 and then something path related. I sent an email to SymbianWare hoping that they can help me out. Looks like something promising that I can use.

Ewan
21-10-2004, 10:16 PM
I've not attempted this yet, but make sure you've got the PC Suite installed correctly would be my first hint.

Darla
22-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I've not attempted this yet, but make sure you've got the PC Suite installed correctly would be my first hint.
Hmm well its installed. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall my PC Suite just to be sure. This looks like something I definately need!! Especially when installing and uninstalling apps on the phone. Unfortunately anything by Psiloc installs a bunch load of stuff that doesn't remove itself when you remove the app using the app manager on the 6600.

jac57
23-10-2004, 09:17 AM
works on my pc running xp

martinharnevie
25-10-2004, 05:04 AM
Anyone knows if it supports Cut/Copy/Paste like PsiWin does?