View Full Version : Looking Back At Symbian Expo 2004

Ewan
11-10-2004, 12:18 PM
The Symbian Expo 2004 was the place to be last week. Everywhere you turned, there was a new and interesting face, or an old friend to meet. Of course Ewan being Ewan, he couldn't write a simple straightforward review. Nope, that'll have to wait. For the moment, here's his Thoughts on The Expo (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/viewarticle.php?id=105). And yes, there is a lot of irony in this article, so be careful...

Raven
11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Great article, Ewan. Honest and unglamorous. Much appreciated. It was interesting to learn just how many software companies focus on operators in stead of end users (what a shame (although understandable)). And Vodafone and Sony Ericsson trying to pitch non-Symbian phones at a Symbian Expo - how lame.

Delta737
11-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Ewan, you do realise that there is copyright on the pics I made... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ohw, and did I mention, I actually won those UIQ mints :D

I'd like to add a few funny remarks made by some of the people at the Expo.

(About the Samsung D710, at a stand)
Exhibitor: How do you like this device
Me: Pretty nice, except for the fact it doesn't have bluetooth
Exhibitor: Doesn't it?? :rolleyes:

(About the 6260, same stand, same person)
Exhibitor: Here you have a nice camera on the side
Me: Yeah, a shame that it is not megapixel though
Exhibitor: Oh, isn't it?? :rolleyes:

(Someone interviewing me about what I thought of the Expo, after answering all the official questions)
Interviewer: Just one more question, what is this Symbian anyway.....................................
Need I say more

Ewan
12-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Hmm, Delta you uploaded the pics to the AAS Forum Gallerey, and I used them in the AAS Article System. Let's spilt hairs on this one and see what happens!