View Full Version : How do I restart?

xerxes
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi,

My X is completely hosed (Now screen has lost all panes except My Pane, menu takes about 1 minute to appear, soft keys never respond).

I have tried to reset it by dialling *#7370# and entering 12345 as the phone code. When the phone finishes turning off and I turn it back on it is exactly as it was before the reset attempt.

I have also tried to reset by holding the 5 key whilst turning the phone on - The phone just turns on, I don't get any green tick mark on the right soft key.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this before I throw the phone in the bin and buy a MS SPV C500 instead?

This is really frustrating as the X worked almost flawlessly for about 4 weeks. It only got screwed up when I tried to back it up over USB.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

P.S. I just tried to reboot it in Update Mode. Needless to say that didn't work either.

SPEEDMAN
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
reinstall firmware

then startup with 5 button.

if that doesn't work

reinstall firmware again, again AND again :)

xerxes
08-10-2004, 11:18 PM
reinstall firmware

then startup with 5 button.

if that doesn't work

reinstall firmware again, again AND again :)

That's what I was trying to do when I tried to restart in Update mode.

Is there a way to update the firmware without starting the phone in update mode?

SPEEDMAN
08-10-2004, 11:20 PM
nope

so update mode can't be reached anymore ?

xerxes
08-10-2004, 11:26 PM
nope

so update mode can't be reached anymore ?

No. So I guess it really is screwed. This has pretty much put me off Series 60.

xerxes
08-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Hey, it's working again!

I removed all the installed software and then rebooted and managed to get it into Update mode.

So it looks like one of the progs I had installed was stopping the phone from booting into update!

SPEEDMAN
09-10-2004, 02:03 AM
manually removing everything is also a solution ofcourse ;)

from what i've noticed, the worst programs are: FScaller and mobiluck

happy to see yer sendo works again :)

unhappy to say that many problems don't find cause in the X, but in the software

stuclark
09-10-2004, 10:07 AM
All the software I've tested from Psiloc also causes BIG problems on the X - stear clear of their programs if you can.

proandi
11-10-2004, 08:37 AM
What's bad with FSCaller? I only noticed, that it is importend to switch off the FSC for backup (because of the running process in the background (like autolock for example)).

AlexaD
25-06-2007, 11:40 PM
If you look for a good (and free ;-) chat software for your phone, try SubliMobi bluetooth chat