View Full Version : First impressions...

wok
06-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Ok, folks: Here are my first impressions.

Build: Feels worthy. Cool touch, slim feeling. No outside display. You cannot see, who is calling you. And I found no settings until now, where you can disengage the flip. (To first OPEN, look, thean ACCEPT.)
Handling is a little strange: The menu button is a little far off, and the 4-way is more design than practical.

Screen is ok, looks better than the 6600.

BIGGEST DRAWBACK for me: On carefull reading the Nokia site, I realize: It has NO SyncML built in. And: I tried to connect it to my Mac via iSync: It does not show up.

:frown: :mad:

Damn. In almost every Serie 60 they throw in Sync ML, they left it out in the 6260.

WOK

Vicky
07-10-2004, 05:31 AM
How The Camera better the 6600?
Can u put some pics as samples.
And howz the output when u play mp3.
And last but not least Have u noticed the Stand by time.

N/A
07-10-2004, 09:55 AM
I found no settings until now, where you can disengage the flip. (To first OPEN, look, thean ACCEPT.)menu -> Settings -> Call -> Ans by opening fold -> yes/no

BIGGEST DRAWBACK for me: On carefull reading the Nokia site, I realize: It has NO SyncML built in.Sure it has: menu -> Connectivity -> Sync. The phone uses SyncML for remote (over-the-air = OTA) synchronization with a SyncML server, and SyncML over OBEX to synchronize with a PC. Same as 6620 or 7610 (all based on Series 60 2.1 a.k.a. "Series 60 Platform 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 1").

Apple's iSync probably only has support for older phones like the 6600 (where local sync actually wasn't done with OBEX/SyncML at all). Check with Apple. If they have an iSync that works with a 6620 or 7610, it should work with a 6260.

jazzy1
07-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Ok, folks: Here are my first impressions.

Build: Feels worthy. Cool touch, slim feeling. No outside display. You cannot see, who is calling you. And I found no settings until now, where you can disengage the flip. (To first OPEN, look, thean ACCEPT.)
Handling is a little strange: The menu button is a little far off, and the 4-way is more design than practical.

Screen is ok, looks better than the 6600.

BIGGEST DRAWBACK for me: On carefull reading the Nokia site, I realize: It has NO SyncML built in. And: I tried to connect it to my Mac via iSync: It does not show up.

:frown: :mad:

Damn. In almost every Serie 60 they throw in Sync ML, they left it out in the 6260.

WOK
CAN U PUT SOME PICTURES OF THE PACKAGE. MEANS (BOX).

wok
07-10-2004, 04:13 PM
No, sorry: Gave it back. So - no pictures, no standy time, ...

WOK

Vicky
07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Why did u gave it back
U don't like it.
Wht is the reson that u gave the phone back.

jazzy1
08-10-2004, 05:01 AM
plz tell wok.
any weak point.
plz tell.

john74
08-10-2004, 10:35 PM
i have opened a thread official release

Vicky
09-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Thanks for your personal review we all were wait for this only that why people don't like and why people like.
Above wok was facing some problem then he returned it.

jazzy1
09-10-2004, 12:58 PM
wok can u tell what problem u faceing.

^jaguar^
09-10-2004, 07:03 PM
The fone ist out yet here in the Philippines, I noticed theres no screen on the cover, does that mean you have to flip it open to see whose calling? well if there really is a way to deactivate the flip, its still worth it....

jazzy1
10-10-2004, 07:09 AM
yes u r right,.
quite agree with u .

john74
10-10-2004, 08:44 PM
The fone ist out yet here in the Philippines, I noticed theres no screen on the cover, does that mean you have to flip it open to see whose calling? well if there really is a way to deactivate the flip, its still worth it....Yes you can deactivate the flip when opening the phone as the phone rings it gives you an option..so its worth it guys!!!

N/A
11-10-2004, 05:49 AM
And that I said/confirmed already in the second reply to the original post.

alexandra_v
17-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I dont understand why nokia didnt put a screen on the cover to see who is calling you. I mean this is a MUST in all the flip phones of this generation. Nokia is progressing with new technologies and misses to install such a common feature??? dont understand why!

Sämi
17-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I dont understand why nokia didnt put a screen on the cover to see who is calling you. I mean this is a MUST in all the flip phones of this generation. Nokia is progressing with new technologies and misses to install such a common feature??? dont understand why!

This i was thinking all the time, but after some days that ive got the phone, i understand what Nokia means with it:

If ive got the phone home or at work, i put it in the browsermodus, so i can see the display all the time.

If i move out, i close it:
and there is never a scratchy display and always a real good standby time.

Ok, if a call come in, i need 2 open the flip a bit:
but this is realy fast done and with good ringtones 4 each group or 4 important contacts u will even know who is calling u bevor its open.

The reason why Nokia made it like this, is because Serie 600 never will have a second display and 4 a better standby-time.

(Ive got the 7650/3660/6600 but they are not more easy to use: with that flip its imho even better to handle:
i only have to close the phone and all apps move direct in the background.)

Sämi
(sorry my bad english)

N/A
17-10-2004, 06:24 PM
The reason why Nokia made it like this, is because Serie 600 never will have a second display and 4 a better standby-time.Never say never:
http://www.mobileinnovation.co.uk/products/coverUI/index.html

Sämi
18-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Never say never:
http://www.mobileinnovation.co.uk/products/coverUI/index.html

Uuh, this sounds very interessting.

i didnt know this...
Thanx a lot for it...

Sämi