View Full Version : VoiceControl starts no more...???

Unregisterednew
27-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi to all...

im from Germany and a few days ago i recieved my Sendo X. Now the problem starts.
The VoiceControl doesn't start any more. It trys to start the telefonbook and crashes, after pressing ok the message Voicecontrol closed cam up, and i have press ok again. What's wrong?

Second problem: the Sound? There is no sound for many apps. (also Pinball).
I can't start doom with sound? Is it possible?

What should i do now? Hope anybody can help me.

proandi
27-09-2004, 10:21 AM
add 1.) Switch off/on your phone. Open the contacts, first. Then start voice control. Is it working this way? How may contacts do you have?

add 2.) Yes, you are right. In my opinion Sendo has a big problem with the sound driver. Sometime it works again, when I kill the MediaServer process with ďSwitcherĒ (itís an extend Taskmanager and freeware). And sometimes it is necessary to switch off/on, too.

Unregisterednew
27-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanx for your answer.

No, it doesn't start if i open contacts first. Same Problem, i can read for a second Load Contacts then crashes, then it trys to load vsuite and crahes too.

Can you play Doom with sound?

Smirnoff
27-09-2004, 11:51 AM
hi,

1) you must check if in your contacts have names or surnames with double vowel as aa etc.
2) if i set "game profile" have sound on pinball.

bye

Unregisterednew
27-09-2004, 12:04 PM
tss... whats that?

yeah, you are right. I had two names with double vowels. Now its ok, it starts normal. how can this happen?

2.) no, i have no sound if i choose games, (no sound for pinball) i also have no sound in Rallyprocontest, it chrashes with message ...snd876876 or something else, but if you press ok, you can play the game without sound.
I must have this game, and Doom with sound or i... grr... !

But thanks a lot for your first tipp!

Smirnoff
28-09-2004, 08:10 AM
nothing,
what firmware version do you have??

Unregisterednew
28-09-2004, 04:08 PM
the sendo x is a few days old, firmware is latest. I search all the time, but can find nothing anout sendo x and sound for doom, Nokia some hits but not useful.

Hmm...

plinkykev
28-09-2004, 05:28 PM
the sendo x is a few days old, firmware is latest. I search all the time, but can find nothing anout sendo x and sound for doom, Nokia some hits but not useful.

Hmm...

Sound is not officially supported in Doom. You need to buy another WildPalm game (such as TerraForce) to get it working, as that has the audio driver included also. More info (from 3650 users) here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/archive/t-13173

Unregisterednew
29-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi,

i know that. So i downloaded a Demo to have the audio driver. He is still running, Doom game don't say you have to use the audio driver, and i find him in folder for installs. So its not the reason fot this problem...

proandi
29-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Iíve same problem, like Unregisterednew and Iím nearly happy because someone post the same trouble. Iím also miss the sound (best example: Pinball or also the click by shoting a photo) most of the time. In my opinion, Sendo have a problem with the sound driver, like I already wrote.
So I donít know why, but often the sound is not present. By killing the MediaServer process (plus sometimes switching off/on) the sound will be back, but only for a certain time..

epdm
29-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I had the same problem. No sound in Pinball.

What I did is start Funny farmer which incidentally had sound! Exited Funny farmer and then started Pinball... and voila, sound there was :-)

Regards,

EPDM

proandi
29-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Funny Farmer is a Java game and i seems that the most java apps have less troubles.

epdm
30-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Funny Farmer is a Java game and i seems that the most java apps have less troubles.

You obviously haven't read my message completely. So I'l explain myself again.

I also had no sound on the inbuild game called Pinball.
So i started that other game Funny farmer, quited that game as soon as i could, restarted pinballand I had sound again.

And YES I am aware that Funny farmer is a Java game and that Pinball isn't. Nonetheless (andI'll say it agian) after playing this JAVA GAMEIhadfull working sound again.

Is this clear?

Regards,

EPDM

Unregisterednew
01-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi,

nice hint but doesn`t work. I tryed it many times ---> NOTHING....GRRRRR!

Many other games (for example : Killer Virus, Motoracer,CallofDuty etc.) run with sound. But Pinbal and DOOM ... so on!

Whats wrong with sendo ? My question is there anybody out there who can play Doom with Sound on his Sendo X?

CU

_liam_
01-10-2004, 07:11 AM
download this version of doom: it should have sound, plus only one file!

http://www.geocities.com/programlar1979/rvgDOOM.zip

Worked on my N-gage after I had same problems

_liam_
01-10-2004, 07:13 AM
If that link doesnt' work, try this one:

http://www.bahrainmobiles.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=151

(you may have to register but only takes a few seconds)

proandi
03-10-2004, 12:24 PM
You obviously haven't read my message completely. So I'l explain myself again.

I also had no sound on the inbuild game called Pinball.
So i started that other game Funny farmer, quited that game as soon as i could, restarted pinballand I had sound again.

And YES I am aware that Funny farmer is a Java game and that Pinball isn't. Nonetheless (andI'll say it agian) after playing this JAVA GAMEIhadfull working sound again.

Is this clear?

Regards,

EPDM

It is not necessary to becomes angry. I've understood. But hint is not reproducible (like you can read), so it doesn't help us to find a resolution

Unregisterednew
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
So, i used the new version of doom, but they don't work. No Sound and no game start. This is not the way... i hope some day... arrggh... how could this be?

axdm56
14-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Please help me i don't have wildpalm sound server for my doom :(