View Full Version : Pub Meet ??!!

plinkykev
22-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi,

Stu very kindly pointed me to a forum link in What Mobile's forum, suggesting a pub meeting in Birmingham - see the thread here:

http://www.whatmobile.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13975&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I (and a few others) are quite OK for this, so, if any of you are in the area already or fancy a visit, get to the link and vote for a preferred day. I'm actually OK for most of the days, so could do a couple, if that was necessary.

Regards,

pk

stuclark
22-09-2004, 01:39 PM
AND...Kev's promised to bring along some toys for us to drool over :)

Cash
22-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Hi kev,

I am currently spending alot of time in france at the moment, but I am returning back to Birmingham tonight untill next tuesday,

I am ok to meet the following days

thursday (tomorrow)
friday
saturday
and monday

if thats any good

I rekon the first drink should be on sendo haha

epdm2be
27-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Are any of you ex-Acorn Ltd. employees ;-)

Regards,

EPDM

stuclark
11-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Shameless thread bump...here's the latest info for this meet up. It's definitely happening, and I will definitely be there :)

http://wm.trafika.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15977

For those of you not registered on the What Mobile forums, here's the lowdown..

I've started a new thread for the What Mobile Birmingham Meet because the old thread had 6 pages so it's difficult to find the information you need, feel free to move any info from the old thread to this one that I've missed...

englishpunk wrote:
Just as a recap, the date will be the 23rd of Ocotober 2004, location is Birmingham, starting around lunchtime, but i will have the "What Mobile Meet Mobile" with me, so anyone arriving later can find us, it'll be basically a pub crawl, i was going to start at the 'Walkabout' ( Langley Building, Regency Wharf, 266A - 271 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2DS - Tel : 0121 632 5712 ), this was the only venue suggested, if there are better offers, then please make them

To call EnglishPunk on the day, dial: (07952) 941451

From the information on the thread, the following people will be attending: EnglishPunk, Neo, m3evolution, StuClark, Hecatae, Banjo, PlinkyKev, Jay3gsm, MoonMonkey, cwwlee, Jamz, MadDog, Ducey, Sprained Mind

Now, where the old thread left off. Some members were discussing about making it an all nighter, also as to what counts as suitable attire for a night in Birmingham!

Stuclark wrote:
I'll be there Who's up for making it an all-nighter, as I can't be arsed to come back to London on the same evening

m3evolution wrote:
A little word of warning - If you plan to make it an all nighter, be careful what you wear. Broad St is very very picky! God knows why, most of the places are a dump! You'll be ok in the daytime with trainers etc but if you're looking to move on somewhere else later...........

stuclark
22-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Another quick bump...this is happening tomorrow!

Make sure you don't miss it!

plinkykev
23-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi,

Well, I was at the pub from 7:00 - 7:30, wandering around in my Sendo T-Shirt, with Sendo rucksack, and carrying some Sendo goodie bags to give away, but unfortunately didn't find any tables of people drooling over lots of nice mobiles. I asked a few people if they were there for a mobile phone meeting, got some weird looks, and so decided to keep quiet, for fear of being forcibly evicted !!

Was I too late ? Or did everyone hide when they saw me :-(
Or was it such a dodgy place that you all hid the phones for fear of getting mugged ?!

Anyway, I still have some goodies (pens, lanyards and a few T-Shirts), so if anyone wants some, I can post them off from work. PM me if interested with mailing details. Anyone who could not make it is welcome to send in to.
It have to be on a first-come, first-serve basis, if I get too many.

So, hope you all managed to have a good night anyway. Hopefully another time...

Regards,

pk

SPEEDMAN
24-10-2004, 12:08 AM
almost can't believe that nobody was there :o

anyway, just keep up the good work with the new firmwares and all will be happy.
If it was in Belgium, i'd be there !

stuclark
24-10-2004, 03:22 PM
pk, can't believe we missed you - we were sitting right at the front of the pub around a table with the comfy sofas. We were definitely there at 7.00 (most of us were getting quite drunk by then)

Oh, and I think I convinced a few voda employees to buy the X :)

I'd love some goodies if you've still got any...I'll PM you details.

pelwell
24-10-2004, 05:46 PM
What you guys needed was some kind of mobile communication device, a bit like the Star Trek communicators. Maybe in a few decades we'll have something like that...

euphoriauk
25-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Stuclark
Think you will find the Vodafone employees there where from their call centre across the road. I know a few of them.
Yes, they are showing a lot of interest in the X. Apparently Vodafone will have it in selected Vodafone retail stores (including online store) very soon.

Pelwell, think that the service called push to talk would have been ideal for PK there.

stuclark
25-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I know their offices are over the road...the best bit was that no-one could get a 3G signal on theit Voda 3G handsets, despite the mast being on the top of the building ;)