View Full Version : SMS fix

urbanscrawl
20-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Clearly there are problems with this phones SMS - many people are able to receive messages many are not. I was able to initially but cannot now.

Does anybody know definitively what the answer is? For me, the first thing a phone must do is make and receive calls - the second is text messages. Everything else comes way under those two.

If you know the answer - please respond. If you are going to be in any way negative about my asking how to fix the phone don't bother.

plinkykev
20-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Clearly there are problems with this phones SMS - many people are able to receive messages many are not. I was able to initially but cannot now.

Does anybody know definitively what the answer is? For me, the first thing a phone must do is make and receive calls - the second is text messages. Everything else comes way under those two.

If you know the answer - please respond. If you are going to be in any way negative about my asking how to fix the phone don't bother.

Hi,

One thing to check is the SMS service number:

Messages / Options / Settings / Text Message

Check the "Message Centres" and "Message Centre in Use" settings

It may be that after loading the new firmware, it has defaulted back to the the settings defined by operator, so you may need to delete those, and put yours back in.

pk

Cash
20-09-2004, 04:49 PM
urbanscrawl

There is definately a problem with the sms, whether sendo or anybody else on this board say there is or there isn't.

I have problems receiving sms, mostly they only come through if I turn the phone off and then on again (and thats a pain with that stupid little button that doesn't work all the time) , as soon as the phone gets its signal all the sms come through together.

I have to do this several times a day because I travel to different countries alot with work and next to email my main form of communications it sms or mms.

Its far from ideal.

Cash
20-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Plinkykev,

I am not having a go at you with the first line of the comment above by the way, I know that you are working hard to find and rectify the problems we are still having.

Cheers

urbanscrawl
21-09-2004, 09:01 AM
I have already tried to adjust the message centre settings - to no avail. My Voicemail also does not work. In fact when I press and hold '1' the phone freezes and then resets itself. Nice touch.

A design point struck me this morning as well. I was trying to listen to some mp3s on the way in to work and the right headphone kept on coming out of my ear. This was because of the volume/mouthpiece/gizmo jangling about. It may not be very heavy - but it's still enough to pull a headphone out of your ear. What's annoying about this is that, if the clip that attaches the wire to your shirt was above the little gizmo it would take the weight and therefore not affect your ear - but take it off and try to put it above it and 1) the wires too thin to attach the clip and 2) the wire's too short to adequately get to your ear. All Sendo need to do to fix this is lower the gizmo by an inch, have the two headphones join an inch above it and stick the clip in between the join and the gizmo from where it can hang and flap about no more.

Get me?

SPEEDMAN
21-09-2004, 10:55 AM
urbanscrawl, you make a good point there. For the next generation of headphones this should be a must ! :icon14:

Cash
21-09-2004, 11:15 AM
It may even be worth sendo thinking about manufacturing earphones using the little rubber earbud system, they are much more comfortable, fit in the ear perfectly without falling out and because they dont move once that are in the ear the sound and volume is much more consistant.

I am using some sony ones with my creative mp3 player and they beat normal earphones in every aspect, I just wish I could use them with my sendo, actually I think I saw someone post about an adaptor, will have to look into that

Just a thought