View Full Version : What should the carkit have ?

SPEEDMAN
18-09-2004, 11:35 AM
- able to load battery in car (cradle with connection to car + loading battery)
- mute box (sound over car stereo)
- able to function in combination with other BT device
- exterior antenna to improve receiving
- voice dial

plinkykev
18-09-2004, 09:33 PM
No cradle, but a car charger will be available
Yes, does do this
- able to function in combination with other BT device.
BT devices can only handle one device at a time. It will work OK with other BT phones
Not standard on the BT car kit. However the Sendo X has a socket on the back to allow an external antenna, which could be added if needed
- voice dial
Does do this. Can easily do voice dial and redial via the car kit buttons

SPEEDMAN
19-09-2004, 01:15 AM
tnx, i got these suggestions from the dutch users. their findings on your answer i will post here in english, so you know what the users think about it.

personally, i don't know anything about car kits.

swing
20-09-2004, 08:44 AM
No cradle ....
However the Sendo X has a socket on the back to allow an external antenna, which could be added if needed
Are Sendo planning to launch a cradle at some point in the future with a built in antenna cable? Nokia always miss out the antenna connection, whereas SonyEricsson have a habit of producing cradles with antenna connections.
From one of those people who likes having a good cradle (ie not a generic one), please consider releasing a cradle for the Sendo X.

Thanks

messus
20-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Are Sendo planning to launch a cradle at some point in the future with a built in antenna cable? Nokia always miss out the antenna connection, whereas SonyEricsson have a habit of producing cradles with antenna connections.
From one of those people who likes having a good cradle (ie not a generic one), please consider releasing a cradle for the Sendo X.

Thanks

I have adressed Sendo with regarding their carkit for the Sendo X.

Because, I think it is ridicilous that the CarKit uses Bluetooth technology
because this will not make me able to connect it to a bluetooth GPS
(Tomtom Mobile is just around the corner for Series 60) while in the
carkit!!!! (The Sendo X (and very few mobile phones) does support
concurrent BT connection (connection with more than one BT unit simultaniously))

They reply was that they saw the problem, but they have no plans of
developing a new carkit for the sendo x, but the implied that a 3'rd party
developer might!!!

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 09:28 AM
i posted it on a dutch forum, where the question of the topic came from and this is the reply i got from them, because they don't seem really happy :frown:

--------------------------

No cradle, but a car charger will be available

==>Sadly, maybe Brodit can be persuaded to release one on the market. The charge-cable i have allready received through Expansys

quote:

Yes, does do this

=> He means the BT carkit ofcourse, but that's not the point, because many of us want to keep the BT free for the GPS! A mutebox is always free for sale, so that isn't really an issue. A Mute connection is much more important though.

Not standard on the BT car kit. However the Sendo X has a socket on the back to allow an external antenna, which could be added if needed

=> how can i connect it? This one ain't universal.

- voice dial
Does do this. Can easily do voice dial and redial via the car kit buttons

=> true, but you still have that sucky voicesignal. Worthless ( i have experience due to Parrot CK3000)

This member is a bit annoyed with the lack of a real solution for a carkit so it seems...

What's rather unfair in my opinion, is that he keeps insisting on the voice dialing being english rather than dutch. The software is english, so it can't do dutch. Nevertheless i tried yesterday all the dutch names and they all work, so.. :con?

goudkamp74
23-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'm following that forum too (MiniMan). Must say that eventually you and Maverick were the ones that gave me confidence to buy the Sendo and not a Nokia.

Anyway, any carkit would be fine, BT is nice but together with GPS, quite unhandy. Unless there exists a GPS mouse for the Sendo, using a cable.

Mute box is important for connection to my radio. And it should be charged.

i posted it on a dutch forum, where the question of the topic came from and this is the reply i got from them, because they don't seem really happy :frown:

What's rather unfair in my opinion, is that he keeps insisting on the voice dialing being english rather than dutch. The software is english, so it can't do dutch. Nevertheless i tried yesterday all the dutch names and they all work, so.. :con?

Cash
23-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Been browsing the web and I think this carkit would do for most of the applications,

it has blootooth and gps built in

http://www.directmobileaccessories.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1297

Cash
23-09-2004, 02:53 PM
This may be a better link

http://www.driveblue.com/(fwnjr0zudd4o01j5zq3sguya)/Default.aspx?root=product