View Full Version : Firmware is OUT !!!!

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi All,

Happy to announce that the firmware update is now out and available, from here:

http://www.sendo.com/smartphones/downloads.asp

Regards,

plinkykev

urbanscrawl
17-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Wahey!

stuclark
17-09-2004, 11:06 AM
DRIBBLE - Will be downloading this tonight...

Any reason why there's no English version on the site? Is this just an operator thing?

eXpansys
17-09-2004, 11:09 AM
As it is not even released in the UK surely how can there be an update, I suppose the Sendo X that is going to be sold in the UK will have latest Firmware in units.

Matthia
17-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi All,

Happy to announce that the firmware update is now out and available, from here:

http://www.sendo.com/smartphones/downloads.asp

Regards,

plinkykev

Hi Plinkykev, on this page there is only PC Connect but no firmware update...

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Any reason why there's no English version on the site? Is this just an operator thing?

This will always be a problem, due to buying from overseas (although I realise you had no choice!). The firmware is "tied" to the version already on the phone, as specified by the operator it was originally configured for.

You can download any of them, but you WILL NOT be able to install it.

So, check the version you have first, in the ABOUT screen (Extras / About / System tab), and get the version you need from there BEFORE downloading, to save wasting time.

jac57
17-09-2004, 11:21 AM
i am downloading it now, seeing as my phone was in french when i bought it iam downloading the french version, then change the settings as i go along, my pc connect is playing up saying when i back up there is no difference between my phone and pc so all apps will have to be redone manually until i sort it

eXpansys
17-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Any news on UK shipments Plinky?

I left Sendo in December, and they were trying to get it launched for Xmas, didnt think they meant Xmas 2005!!!!!!

Smirnoff
17-09-2004, 11:36 AM
i cant see it...

mart_is_good
17-09-2004, 11:41 AM
i cant see it...

Neither can I

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 11:44 AM
...my pc connect is playing up saying when i back up there is no difference between my phone...

Use the memory card backup option instead. It's much quicker, and has the added advantage of being with you all the time, should something bad happen when you're away from your PC.

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 11:48 AM
i cant see it...

I know. The web team are fixing it now. Apologies.

In the meantime, use "backup to memory card" option to save all of your stuff, and note the code down for the version you will need.

SPEEDMAN
17-09-2004, 12:07 PM
and? i'm at work so i can't test it.

what are the results :) ?

Matthia
17-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I know. The web team are fixing it now. Apologies.

In the meantime, use "backup to memory card" option to save all of your stuff, and note the code down for the version you will need.

Hi Plinkykev, I hope that this firmware resolve at 100% reception bug (GSM improvement?), and then Now! links problems and colors reduction with image like wallpaper on single panel of Now!...

Besides, yesterday Michal Bacik of SmartMovie told me that his handset copy arrived today, then we hope that he resolve low video performance with our Sendo X...

Then, Plinkykev, waiting for other bug fix e performance for second firmware release :)

proandi
17-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I am also in the office and have no time yet for update!
Did anyone did it? Whats new?

:listen:

skyfox2k
17-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Haha!
My phone gets delayed by Pixmania, and then finally arrived 20mins ago. I log on to tell you guys and heres the firmware :D Looks like I may never have known a lot of the bugs!

Great stuff :D

I'll get cracking on the headphone project soon.
Speak to you guys in a bit,

Skyfox

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm downloading right now! (57% done!) :)
I'll post the results here after the update.

proandi
17-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I was trying to backup my phone 3 times, before upgrading
But after "Checking C:" there comes an error 0x1146810, 0x114920 and 0x11465f0 an the connect software and on the phone: Prgm closed AppArcServerThread
Any hints? :redface:

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm dowloading it right now! (67% done) :)
I'll post the results after the update.

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Crap i posted 2 times.
Sorry, i tought that the first didn't make in.

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 01:43 PM
I was trying to backup my phone 3 times, before upgrading
But after "Checking C:" there comes an error 0x1146810, 0x114920 and 0x11465f0 an the connect software and on the phone: Prgm closed AppArcServerThread
Any hints? :redface:

As per my message earlier in the thread:

Use the memory card backup option instead. It's much quicker, and has the added advantage of being with you all the time, should something bad happen when you're away from your PC.

Not sure why the PC Connect is crashing though. May need a power on/off of the phone. Also, any new apps installed, that are keeping files open on the phone?

SPEEDMAN
17-09-2004, 01:54 PM

Not sure why the PC Connect is crashing though. May need a power on/off of the phone. Also, any new apps installed, that are keeping files open on the phone?
i had the exact same problem, but after i formatted the pc and reinstalled pcconnect everything worked fine.

SPEEDMAN
17-09-2004, 01:56 PM
not fair, i have to wait till 17oclock till i can leave here :redface:

nic85
17-09-2004, 02:04 PM
i had the 1.56.22 beta of the 20 of august...now i've just finished to update the x with the 1.56.22 of the 17th of september and nothing is changed!if i go to system info i have the 1.56.22 20 august!!!!!!!why i don't have the 17th of september one?

maybe because is not possible to update from beta to official???????
please help me!!!

p.s.(also other people of the italian forum had my problem.).... :icon13:

schoeli
17-09-2004, 02:06 PM
the german update seems to be exact the same software-version that's allready installed on the handset...

nic85
17-09-2004, 02:09 PM
the same 4 the italian....before this you had the beta version?

stuclark
17-09-2004, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't have expected to see today's date on the software release...the point of a beta is to make sure things are working, if they are, then it's legitimate to release that version without making any changes to it.

If no changes are made, then the version's release date and release version won't change at all.

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 02:19 PM
maybe because is not possible to update from beta to official???????
YES you can update from a BETA to an official release.

i had the 1.56.22 beta of the 20 of august
The "beta" version of 20th August was sent to a few people to make sure it was OK - were you on the original e-mail list to get it?
Or did you get the beta from someone else who was not supposed to send it to other people?
If you had not had it (as many people here did not) you would now be happy (I hope) to get the update.

As the beta was proved OK, a few more fixes were added, and then customised for the various operator versions (which they then had to approve), and so is now released.

All - Please do not worry, this is only the first of these updates. More will come soon, now that the mechanism is available and going OK.

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Well i have updated the phone!
And...
The two bugs i had are still there. :(
It changed the main theme to to a new theme, "curves".
I put back the "sendo" theme.
If anyone have question that i can test with the update, plese tell me to test it.

EDIT: almost forgot, still don't appear the char count when writing an sms.

AlfieShooter
17-09-2004, 02:37 PM
So if I ordered my X from Germany, I have to download the German update?

How do I then change the language back to English?

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 02:40 PM
So if I ordered my X from Germany, I have to download the German update?

How do I then change the language back to English?
Mine i bought it in france and have english.
I supose all have english

jac57
17-09-2004, 02:47 PM
just installed update on my phone all the settings stayed in english all my programs were still installed nothing deleted but the firmware has changed to x1.56.2.2

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 02:49 PM
just installed update on my phone all the settings stayed in english all my programs were still installed nothing deleted but the firmware has changed to x1.56.2.2
Yes same thing with me.
The update went flawless :)

jac57
17-09-2004, 02:50 PM
i got mine from france, changed settings to english..downloaded french version you will have to go for german

plinkykev
17-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes same thing with me.
The update went flawless :)

Phew!

Well, in the words of Hannibal from The A-Team "I love it when a plan comes together"

And I am so glad I am able to quote that, rather than having to use a "Doh!" of Homer Simpson :D

pk

jac57
17-09-2004, 03:01 PM
plinkykev i know silly question i see in your pic that you have a keyboard is it worth having one

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 03:04 PM
plinkykev i know silly question i see in your pic that you have a keyboard is it worth having one
It think i didn't had to pay for it hehehe

stuclark
17-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Tools > Settings > Language

SPEEDMAN
17-09-2004, 04:16 PM
downloading firmware. speed could be faster though: 12 kb/s :con?

anyway, glad the first update is there. Let's hope many will follow, fixing all the problems we had before ! :)

locutus_uk
17-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Got the update and have installed it on my phone.

How long should the restart take as it does seem to be taking a while

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Got the update and have installed it on my phone.

How long should the restart take as it does seem to be taking a while
It is said in the instruction, if the screen is black, then pop out the battery, put it on and then turn on the phone.
That was what i've done and worked. :)

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 06:19 PM
It is said in the instruction, if the screen is black, then pop out the battery, put it on and then turn on the phone.
That was what i've done and worked. :)

i mean blank not black :rolleyes:

locutus_uk
17-09-2004, 06:19 PM
My screen is just white and blank.

Can I do the battery thing?

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 06:20 PM
My screen is just white and blank.

Can I do the battery thing?
yeah that's it!
go ahead.

locutus_uk
17-09-2004, 06:24 PM
yeah that's it!
go ahead.

Cheers

New theme looks good!!

stuclark
17-09-2004, 06:45 PM
You think? I prefer the Sendo theme to the Curves theme...

Curves was used in a lot of the early screenshots and reviews of the phone.

Nightwisher
17-09-2004, 06:54 PM
You think? I prefer the Sendo theme to the Curves theme...

Curves was used in a lot of the early screenshots and reviews of the phone.
The first thing i did was put the sendo theme back. ;)

Well i'll be one week off.
Best regards to all members of this forum (plinkykev keep the good work), see you all on next friday :)

Barros
17-09-2004, 08:37 PM
just a newbie question...

what languages are avaiable in the update? :cool:

proandi
17-09-2004, 08:39 PM

Yes, I read your message, but ( :redface: ), i did not understand what you are meaning with the option memory card backup :con? (could be, because of my english, sorry :frown: my teachers always were sad with it).

I'm alsos believe, that the reason for the written error (during the backup) was a running process. And suddenly something occurred to me: It was the hidden runnig FullScreenCaller. I switched him off. But also a error cames. So I was locking with the "switcher" (freeware) - and, yes: I found a further app running in the backround: Autolock!

Tomorrow, when I'm fresh and awake I will try it again (and then upgrade).

Now I take my Sendo and click on MP3 to hear some wonderfull music...

SPEEDMAN
18-09-2004, 08:20 AM
plinky,

could you make a little list of the extra additions/fixes to this new firmware? :)
i saw some things in profile, but i'd like to know more :)

swing
18-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Released 17th September 2004
Version 1.56.2.2 Build 50C

Improvements in X.1.56.2.2 include:
Improvements in boot process
Improvements for stability
Updated Camcorder
Better audio quality for the microphone
GSM improvements
Adjustment of camera flash timing
Improvements to user interface - new / updated graphics and animations
Dutch language fixes for some programs
Preliminary Support for Sendo Themes

however, for more detail, plinkykev is your man.

Cash
18-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Dont really think you can call them improvements, nor on my phone anyway

Improvements in X.1.56.2.2 include:

Improvements in boot process
Dont notice any difference

Improvements for stability
My phone has frozen twice since the update and the backlight refuses to come on sometimes (3 times so far)

Updated Camcorder

Better audio quality for the microphone

GSM improvements
I have noticed a good improvement in this

Adjustment of camera flash timing
Not tried this yet

Improvements to user interface - new / updated graphics and animations
Not noticed anything except a few additions to the menus still very slow sometimes switching between menus and options

Dutch language fixes for some programs
N/A to me

Preliminary Support for Sendo Themes
This is not important to me so not tried it yet

So on the whole as far as I am concerned even though work has been done on the firmware, it doesn't address one of the main problems of the phone instability (maybe I have just got a duff phone)

I have had to turn the phone off and on twice today also to receive text messages I know were sent but didn't arrive when they should have

It would be interesting to see what other improvements have been made.

Cheers

xerxes
18-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to X1.30.16.1 if I don't like the results of the upgrade?

I would like the phone GUI to respond a bit more quickly but I don't seem to have as many problems (or I don't care about the same things) as everyone else.

proandi
18-09-2004, 08:21 PM
according post #49 :

Errors still coming. I am not able to backup :frown:

Backup works only one time, in the office, about one week ago.

:con? Plinkykev, what to you mean with "memory card backup option". There is any option like that - or where do I find it?

I also tried (without backup, doesn't matter) to upgrade the firmware. I was installing the driver for the update modus. But the update software always prompt, that it found no device. :redface:

I did a firmware update few weeks ago for my SX1 - without any problem. :cool:

So, now I've enough for the moment. I spended a lot of time and I was switching my phone off/on a dozen times, sometimes even it was necessary to put off the accu.

I hope there is coming an new update, very soon. Because reading in the forum a lot of solutions are missing...

Also an update for the v0.9 PC connect SW which works a little bit better. :icon14:

Cash
18-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi xerxes

There is a factory reset, but I just tried it because my phone was working better before the firmware update, but the reset retains the new firmware

Dont know if there is another way

xerxes
18-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Maybe I'll skip this update. I really don't have that many problems with the current firmware.

plinkykev
18-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Plinkykev, what to you mean with "memory card backup option". There is any option like that - or where do I find it?

If you have a memory card inserted (unlocked, if an SD card), do this:

Menu / Extras / Memory Card / Options

This will show: "Backup Phone Memory" and "Restore from card" options.

I always use this method. PC Connect works fine too, but I just find it so much easier to have the backup with me all of the time, so I don't have to wait to get back to a PC.

Also, another handy tip: do the backup before installing any new programs. That way, if they mess up, you can get back OK.

pk

plinkykev
18-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to X1.30.16.1 if I don't like the results of the upgrade?
It would be possible, but there is no plan to do this.

The GSM improvements should be a good reason to do it, as well as other general fixes and improvements.

If you are going OK, then that's fine. You can always wait for the next one. There is no need to do this first in order to get the next one.

Cash
18-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Hi Plinkykev,

I agree that the gsm update is a good reason to upgrade, My reception has improved considerably, but I now have major problems with my phone freezing up, keys not working and the backlight not coming on all the time,

I had these problems before but they now seem to have increased in frequency

and it also seems that I have delays in receiving my messages, they only seem to come through when I turn the phone off and on again (usually after a freeze up or a problem), although they also come through at other times aswell.

I have listed all the problems I am having in another thread, I hope you will take a look as others have listed problems there aswell.

Thanks

Suit
18-09-2004, 10:23 PM
The obvious one that bugged me from the beginning was not resolved.

Changes to the number for listening to voicemail are reverted to the one set in the beginning when you leave the voice mail app

Ludicrous

BB, Suit :mad:

SPEEDMAN
19-09-2004, 01:11 AM
suit, i changed the number for voicemail and it stays.

i suggest you backup to memory card and then format using

*#7370#

if you are asked a code after, it's: 12345

then restore from mem card,

repeat this 3-4 times. Then it should work.

what is the number for your voicemail? here it is 1230. It's easier and faster to push 1 2 3 0 then change all those things for voicemail :)

stuclark
19-09-2004, 02:37 AM
I too have had SMS retrieval problems with the new firmware - messages sometimes won't get delivered for up to a day!

The phone is generally a lot less stable as well...it keeps loosing it's network much mroe than it did , and turning off and on again doesn't always fix the problem. :(

SPEEDMAN
19-09-2004, 09:33 AM
i really don't have that problem.

which apps do you have installed ?

i think it has more to do with the network really. I have a better receiving since I installed the new firmware. also the sms's coming later i don't have that...

stuclark
19-09-2004, 01:51 PM
i really don't have that problem.

which apps do you have installed ?

i think it has more to do with the network really. I have a better receiving since I installed the new firmware. also the sms's coming later i don't have that...

I haven't got that many apps installed - cetrtainly I can't trace the change in it's behaviour to just after I installed anything.

I also don't think it's the network - my T610 receives messages much quicker using the same SIM card... :(

Chriss
19-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi @ all!

A few weeks ago I bought a Sendo X. I thought that this "smart"phone is
the best on the market, but I erred!

I've many problems with this handset, so I waited for a new firmware.

Now, since a few days, you can download a firmware update from sendo.com!

But I have a problem - I can't install the new firmware on the phone!
I have connected the phone and the PC via the usb cable, I have
start the phone in download-mode and I have installed the Windows
driver correctly.

In the download display on my Sendo X the both usb-plugs are green!
But if I click on Continue at the Firmware-Update-Software from Sendo,
it says me that the download is failed. I tried this an 3 PC without success!!!

Maybe, somebody can help me?

I think, if I can't make any updates so I will send my Sendo X back
because I can't live with all the bugs an this phone!

Why did Sendo make this mistake and bring a not functioning device on the
market? I can't imagine that Sendo did not know anything from all the bugs
and problems with this phone before they started on market!

Chriss

proandi
19-09-2004, 06:26 PM
If you have a memory card inserted (unlocked, if an SD card), do this:

Menu / Extras / Memory Card / Options

This will show: "Backup Phone Memory" and "Restore from card" options.

Wow! Thanks. I know a lot of S60 phones, but this features isn't bad, really!

proandi
19-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I can't install the new firmware on the phone!
driver correctly.

Chriss

I've exactly the same problem. What can be wrong?

SPEEDMAN
19-09-2004, 08:03 PM
where did you buy the phone ?

proandi
20-09-2004, 06:15 AM
where did you buy the phone ?
via pixmania.at

Chriss
20-09-2004, 07:06 AM
I bought it there: www.pixmania.de

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 07:10 AM
take the update according to your phone. Yours is the german update.

i repeat the GERMAN update since pixmania is a GERMAN site :)

pelwell
20-09-2004, 07:40 AM
take the update according to your phone. Yours is the german update.

i repeat the GERMAN update since pixmania is a GERMAN site :)

Sorry Speedman, but I think you may be wrong. Pixmania is a French site with different front ends depending on the visitor's country. People buying from pixmania.co.uk have received French phones, although they do contain English language support as well.

On a side note, I think you need to relax a little. English is not the first language of many people who use this forum, but the small amount of effort it sometimes takes to understand some postings is nothing compared to the effort it takes to learn a foreign language. Perhaps your English is not good enough to realise how intolerant and offensive you appear to some. Your signature is evidence enough, ridiculing a comment by an intelligent poster that you failed to understand. No amount of smileys can make that any more palatable.

I think you make a valuable contribution to the forums, and it would be a shame if your efforts went to waste because people were put off by your attitude.

:)

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Chriss said pixmania.de, that's why i said it's the german update (german site). I assumed this also since the site worked when i tried it. Anyway it doesn't matter. The main rule is: what the country was of the network, originally on the X, that's the version you have to go and get.

and i don't really care if i appear whatever it is i appear to them. What most of you don't know is that i also have contact on the side with many users. If you knew what some users first said/did and what they post after, you'd get aggravated as well. PLus, i won't let other people say what i HAVE to do, even moreso when they start demanding an answer. I'm here because i like the phone and like to help the serious users, not to listen to people telling me what i HAVE to do, you see ;)

And i DID understand the post that's in my tag, but i think it is funny. I wouldn't change it a bit. :D
If that appears offensive to you, sorry, but so be it.

what's also pretty sad to see, is the new topics in this forum. People don't mind reading the other topics or the pages of them, they just post another bugs list as a new topic , or another topic about the accessories.

proandi
20-09-2004, 09:21 AM
How ever. Your discussion don't help chriss and me. Also, I mean it is not important where we get the phone in this case. And if: I toke the german version, anyway.

We cannot upgrade, both. Although green icons and update mode and correct driver. :con?

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 09:32 AM
i didn't start the discussion about myself, so please let us give it a rest.

since you said you got it from a German site i said get the german update. Now i heard you got it from a French site. So i'd try the french update and then switch to the language i want/like.

does that work ???

Sendo Y
20-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi,

since I was in Belgium over the weekend I decided to fully charge and update my German Sendo X today. Then I realise that my phone got the same firmware version from the fist day on :con? It seems I have to wait for the next one.

Sendo Y

stuclark
20-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Pixmania is a FRENCH site - it would take about 30 seconds to click on their "about us" link to check their address.

Rather than arguing about whether it's the French or German update which needs to be applied, how about trying to help fix the issue where the phone won't update? Proandi says he's tried both the French and German updates, neither of which are working, so clearly it's a problem somewhere else...not with which version is being used!

plinkykev
20-09-2004, 10:08 AM
As menioned at the start of this post, it does not matter where you bought it.
What is important is the VERSION shown in the Extras / About screen on the System Tab. That version number is the ONLY thing to check to see what you need.

It may not be working due to firewall issues (XP - SP2 has some nice "additions" like this, or ZoneAlarm, etc).

May need a bit more info to solve this...

nic85
20-09-2004, 11:12 AM
plinkykev hi....when does the new firmware will come out?

stuclark
20-09-2004, 11:16 AM
The next firmware (so I'm told) is penciled in for 4-6 weeks time. However, I wouldn't take this as definite - afterall, the current update has only been out for a few days, give them a chance!

Chriss
20-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey Proandi,

could you try to update your Phone when you select FRENCH at the
Firmware-Update-Software?

I'm at work at the moment, so I have no time to check it.

Thanks

Chriss

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Pixmania is a FRENCH site - it would take about 30 seconds to click on their "about us" link to check their address.

Rather than arguing about whether it's the French or German update which needs to be applied, how about trying to help fix the issue where the phone won't update? Proandi says he's tried both the French and German updates, neither of which are working, so clearly it's a problem somewhere else...not with which version is being used!
i was just suggesting a possibility there. I know someone else in Holland who has the exact same problem. His phone keeps displaying the firmware update screen. HE has taken out his battery, started up wiuth the 5 button etcetera...

If your phone after all our suggestions still doesn't work, bring it back to where you bought it, cause to me then it must be an RMA.

it's difficult for me to say what it is since i don't have that problem. Plinky says here where you bought it doesn't matter, didn't know that, "my bad". i must say i had the beta and the software version on my phone didn't apply at all to the codes given in the update info, so i couldn't check. I bought mine in Italy so i just applied the italian update. Also the settings on my X were for TIM mobile. I just deleted those and added mine...

proandi
20-09-2004, 03:27 PM
What is important is the VERSION shown in the Extras / About screen on the System Tab. That version number is the ONLY thing to check to see what you need.

It may not be working due to firewall issues (XP - SP2 has some nice "additions" like this, or ZoneAlarm, etc).

:con? That's a problem - I do not find any of this numbers :con?

My info screen shows:

X1.30.16.1
Release 6.Jul2004
Pn:8G26-0H000-010X7
SPN: 0000-00000-00000
(c) Sendo 2004
GSM SW-Vers.:04.23E4
IMEI Nr.: ....
Produkt-ID:SNDX00

Ok, which package should I use? (Don't say, that there isn't one for me :o )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A firewall could be really bad in this case - but a message should be appear, for setting a rule...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@chriss: I'm also in the office. But if I've time, I will try. Exept for, plinkykev post a different way :)

stuclark
20-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Proandi - have a look at the phone's product sticker under the battery - mine says FRANCE on it near the bottom (and my handset is a French model)

proandi
20-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Thank you, but in the meantime i did the upgrade with the french package - AND IT WORK.

SO CHRISS DO IT !!!

(and nothing of the settings or data or contacts is cleared)

greetings from vienna

ProAndi

plinkykev
20-09-2004, 04:39 PM

OK, I have been told that some handsets (as with proandi) have 0's for the SPN code. Not sure why.

So, as Stu says, check the label under the battery, as it also has the SPN code printed there.

Apologies, had not realised about this. I will also get someone to sort out the website with this info so no-one else gets confused.

pk

SPEEDMAN
20-09-2004, 04:47 PM
so it was the France update after all ! :icon14: ;)

have fun with the X

nic85
20-09-2004, 06:04 PM
PLINKYKEV

the next update....when it will bw avaiable?

Suit
23-09-2004, 06:50 PM
suit, i changed the number for voicemail and it stays.
repeat this 3-4 times. Then it should work.

repeat 3 to 4 times???? Man I have more to do!

Btw I use the full number, including int. prefix since I travel regularly.

MisterPie
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi @ all!

A few weeks ago I bought a Sendo X. I thought that this "smart"phone is
the best on the market, but I erred!

I've many problems with this handset, so I waited for a new firmware.

Now, since a few days, you can download a firmware update from sendo.com!

But I have a problem - I can't install the new firmware on the phone!
driver correctly.

Maybe, somebody can help me?

I think, if I can't make any updates so I will send my Sendo X back
because I can't live with all the bugs an this phone!

Why did Sendo make this mistake and bring a not functioning device on the
market? I can't imagine that Sendo did not know anything from all the bugs
and problems with this phone before they started on market!

Chriss

I've exactly the same problem. What can be wrong?

I have the same problem.
Did you guys resolve it?
How do I get out of update mode?

stuclark
08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
MisterPie, can you give some more details...

What has happened on the phone?
Did it start the update then loose connection?
Have you tried rebooting the phone?
Have you tried re-connecting the USB cable?
Which firmware version are you using, and which SPN is it?

There is an issue (which I discovered) whereby the phone can get caught in a loop, but the circumstances for that happening are quite rare and *hopefully* hard to reproduce. Whatever - give us some more details, and I'll try to help...

MisterPie
08-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi stuclark,

What has happened on the phone?
- The phone will not turn on, but sometimes it will power up by itself in update mode (with the picture of the pc and phone).

Did it start the update then loose connection?
- Yes, it started to update OK, it was almost done when the s/w said there was a download error - the phone had turned off.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?
- I've removed the battery and tried turning it on, but it won't.

Have you tried re-connecting the USB cable?
- Yes, several times. Watching the phone screen it appears (when it turns on) to connect to Windows 2000 OK - the lights flash red/green for a bit the stay green. Windows device manager lists a Sendo X on Com 16 under the com ports.

Which firmware version are you using, and which SPN is it?
I think I had version X.1.38.something. It was dated September 2004.
The SPN is 8Y0H-01172-4x000 - Vodafone and I was trying to update to 8Y0H-01172-4x000 UK v1.98.5.2 (60) - vodafone

Thanks.

stuclark
09-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Ok, one thing to try is to "force" the phone back into update mode by pressing the star button as you turn the phone on...

Basically, the phone knows it hasn't finished the update, so won't let you out of update mode - it should be able to re-start the update from where it left off, but if you're really unlucky, you'll have hit the problem I discovered, whereby the phone effectively "forgets" where it was in the update process, and won't allow it to restart.

PM me for more info...

p.s. for everyone else - this problem is fixed in the next firmware, although I fully realise this isn't going to help anyone at this red-hot second!

SPEEDMAN
10-03-2005, 01:13 PM
10-3-2005: any news on the new firmware?

stuclark
10-03-2005, 01:53 PM
No. As has been said before, the next firmware has been delayed slightly due to the large number of fixes in it, and due to a smaller extent on the development work going on for the X2.

Some of the stuff developed for the X2 is going to be ported back to the X, and some of the problems on the X are getting fixed for the X2, so the firmware for the X has to wait till they're done to allow both phones to get the fix!

Akarente88
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
After one month of rebooting continuously to get the network back and to see 'Appl Now is closed" I've just bought an SPV500. Sorry for Sendo X but I'm very disapointed with this phone :mad:

Before I had an SPV that runs for 2 years without problems.

I can't wait anymore. I need a phone wich let me phone too !

MisterPie
10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok, one thing to try is to "force" the phone back into update mode by pressing the star button as you turn the phone on...

Basically, the phone knows it hasn't finished the update, so won't let you out of update mode - it should be able to re-start the update from where it left off, but if you're really unlucky, you'll have hit the problem I discovered, whereby the phone effectively "forgets" where it was in the update process, and won't allow it to restart.

PM me for more info...

p.s. for everyone else - this problem is fixed in the next firmware, although I fully realise this isn't going to help anyone at this red-hot second!

Yay, after some frantic button pressing, and lots of perseverance I managed to update the f/w. phew.
Thanks for your help stuclark. :D

stuclark
10-03-2005, 05:37 PM
No probs. Glad it worked for you :)

SPEEDMAN
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
No. As has been said before, the next firmware has been delayed slightly due to the large number of fixes in it, and due to a smaller extent on the development work going on for the X2.

Some of the stuff developed for the X2 is going to be ported back to the X, and some of the problems on the X are getting fixed for the X2, so the firmware for the X has to wait till they're done to allow both phones to get the fix!
that might take a VERY long time, a few months extra even!

today i saw a nokia, on of the first symbian based, man was i amazed by the speed of this thing :o menu's went really fast, start the play of an mp3 was instantly etc etc. :frown:

blahblahbber
17-03-2005, 12:04 AM
that might take a VERY long time, a few months extra even!

today i saw a nokia, on of the first symbian based, man was i amazed by the speed of this thing :o menu's went really fast, start the play of an mp3 was instantly etc etc. :frown:

Which phone is this you are speaking of SPEEDMAN?

Has it been released? I really am looking for a reliable alternative. :frown:

SPEEDMAN
17-03-2005, 11:18 AM
it looks like a previous version of the 6630. i will ask my collegue for the nr.

stuclark
17-03-2005, 12:46 PM
it looks like a previous version of the 6630. i will ask my collegue for the nr.
Do you mean a 3650? :o

ganymed
17-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Do you mean a 3650? :o
Or 3660.. But both don`t have a MP3 player :con?

SPEEDMAN
19-03-2005, 03:25 AM
edit: i checked nokia website and it is indeed the 3660

it was symbian based, and the lonelycat MP3 player was installed on it and it worked like a charm ! also smartmovie and the menu's in general went without any lagging, constantly smooth.
i was amazed by the speed of the phone, 'so this is how a normal and fast symbian looks like', is what i thought!

stuclark
19-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Pity the 3660 is technically way out of date!

Nokia don't even make it anymore!!!

ganymed
19-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Pity the 3660 is technically way out of date!
...and speed is nearly the same. I own the 3660 too, but prefer the X :cool:

konstantinos_be
19-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone. I am from Greece and I am trying to find a ringtone that has won an award. It is called sendo spaghetti and it is only available in the Sendo X smartphone. As you can imagine, i don't own a Sendo X even though i am planning to buy one next month. I would be grateful if someone of you guys that own the phone, could send me the ringtone written above. My email is aekara@gmail.com :)

ganymed
20-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone. I am from Greece and I am trying to find a ringtone that has won an award. It is called sendo spaghetti and it is only available in the Sendo X smartphone. As you can imagine, i don't own a Sendo X even though i am planning to buy one next month. I would be grateful if someone of you guys that own the phone, could send me the ringtone written above. My email is aekara@gmail.com :)
There is no "Spaghetti-Ringtone" in the X. Maybe only in a special edition of the X for italy? ;)

SPEEDMAN
20-03-2005, 04:38 PM
yes but it gives me an idea of a nokia symbian phone; the X is my first you see...