View Full Version : Big Question About New Firmware ?

cre8or
20-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Hi does anyone here in forum knows if the new firmware from Sendo X will include Portuguese Languages and Menus in Portuguese since my Sendo X that i bought in italy doesnt have that, and the T9 input in portuguese is very important for me ?

Can someone tell me if knows anything ?

euphoriauk2003
23-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi does anyone here in forum knows if the new firmware from Sendo X will include Portuguese Languages and Menus in Portuguese since my Sendo X that i bought in italy doesnt have that, and the T9 input in portuguese is very important for me ?

Can someone tell me if knows anything ?

Basically the answer is no.
The distributor or operator you purchased it in the first place defines which language options and which T9 languages they want configured on the phone. Therefore even when the firmware upgrade is available on sendos website it won't allow you to add additional language packs

cre8or
23-08-2004, 11:22 PM
There must be firmwares from different countrys and sendo most think on other costumers and this kind of situations ... i will have to wait for an update our on a last resource get in touch with Sendo here in PORTUGAL

jac57
24-08-2004, 08:16 PM
There must be firmwares from different countrys and sendo most think on other costumers and this kind of situations ... i will have to wait for an update our on a last resource get in touch with Sendo here in PORTUGAL

As far as the T9 dictionary goes, you'll be very very happy to hear that the version released to France includes the English language as standard, so you wont need an upgrade for this to work. It wont include the English network operator settings for WAP/MMS etc but you should be able to download them from the Sendo support site.
this is what i recieved today from sendo office , as i got my sendo from france

cre8or
25-08-2004, 11:38 AM
can you check if it gots T9 portuguese ?
thanks

plinkykev
25-08-2004, 12:38 PM
can you check if it gots T9 portuguese ?
thanks

Portuguese is in the latest software, but, as mentioned, it depends on the operator as to which languages they need.
For example, an Italian operator may not want it, as they would like to put their own applications (maybe a game) onto the phone, and so want to save the space that the language takes up.

http://www.plinky.demon.co.uk/SendoX/Lang.bmp

cre8or
28-08-2004, 11:18 PM
How can i put that on my phone ? do you have an idea ?

Portuguese is in the latest software, but, as mentioned, it depends on the operator as to which languages they need.
For example, an Italian operator may not want it, as they would like to put their own applications (maybe a game) onto the phone, and so want to save the space that the language takes up.

http://www.plinky.demon.co.uk/SendoX/Lang.bmp

fender79
25-09-2004, 10:57 AM
But couldn´t sendo launch extra language packs that could be installed. Thinking of those how couldn't wait for the X to be launched in their country???? I have no problem leaving my phone in English (born in australia, and now in Portugal) but the T9 for sms would be much better, instead of using the old tap, tap, tap......

Barros
25-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I am wondering the same for a lot time!
I don't understand why firmware depends on operators! see the example of the siemens with the sx1: they have firmware updates and is the user that chooses the firmware that wants to apply. if I am waiting for the sendo x to come to Portugal... oh boy :p long wait! :p

btw pk: you said me that sendo were shipping to Portugal sendo X in portuguese (comfios and emotions, if not mistaked) can you tell me what sites/companies are those?

mart_is_good
25-09-2004, 03:49 PM
see the example of the siemens with the sx1: they have firmware updates and is the user that chooses the firmware that wants to apply

No they don't. Or not officially anyway. If you have a BRD Retail you have to stick with that.

The only way to get past this is illegal and probably voids your warrenty.

SPEEDMAN
26-09-2004, 10:01 AM
But couldn´t sendo launch extra language packs that could be installed. Thinking of those how couldn't wait for the X to be launched in their country???? I have no problem leaving my phone in English (born in australia, and now in Portugal) but the T9 for sms would be much better, instead of using the old tap, tap, tap......
personally (but that's another discussion really...) i find the T9 not so easy as some people say it is.

sometimes it takes another word and then you have to hit another key to change the word.. or if the word isn't in you dictionary you have to add it etc..

I can tap tap tap pretty fast so i think that is faster thAn with T9. also to write spoken language is not possible with the T9 since it uses dictionary words.

but, as i said, that's another discussion. Maybe Portuguese can be added in another firmware?

let's hope so for your sake

Nightwisher
26-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I have the same opinion as speedman, and i'm Portuguese :).
In Portugal there's even a new set of words created by the ones so sends sms.

Barros
26-09-2004, 12:19 PM
but I saw in sendo's questions that they say that this phone has portuguese menus.
What I wonder is where to find such phones :p

Nightwisher
26-09-2004, 12:32 PM
but I saw in sendo's questions that they say that this phone has portuguese menus.
What I wonder is where to find such phones :p
I think, as other have said, that the languages depend where the phone is on sale.
Mine was from France (pixmania) therefore no Portuguese menus.

Just for Barros:
Faz assim tanta diferença? Também pensava que vinha com menus em Português mas estou a dar-me prefeitamente bem com os menus em Inglês.

The phone in English is easy to use. :)

Barros
26-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I think, as other have said, that the languages depend where the phone is on sale.
Mine was from France (pixmania) therefore no Portuguese menus.

Just for Barros:
Faz assim tanta diferença? Também pensava que vinha com menus em Português mas estou a dar-me prefeitamente bem com os menus em Inglês.

The phone in English is easy to use. :)

hi there
it isn't just a big diference indeed... but since there is a version in portuguese, I only wonder were could I found it...

To Nightwisher
Claro que nao me importo de ter menus em ingles, nao tenho grande problemas com isso, mas sinceramente prefiro portugues, em caso de querer vende-lo mais tarde é sempre uma grande ajuda :D aquilo que me chateia mais, é que a pixmania tem la a dizer que tem tlms em portugues e depois qd se recebe ta em frances... e o pior é tu nao poderes mudar a lingua com languages packs....

klaro que se nao conseguir encontrar em breve um local com menus em portugues compro ele com menus em ingles ;) Tou a ver se a nomatica me consegue arranjar em portugues :tongue:

SPEEDMAN
26-09-2004, 07:09 PM
please speak english here :)

anyway what is clear is, you want the portuguese. Does anyone know the answer to this question? If not, be silent. ;)