View Full Version : Using the MP3-player from the N-Gage on other symbian phones?

cruise86
20-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi :)

Is there any way of using the N-Gage MP3-player on other symbian phones? It's obviously software, but is there any way of transferring it to my new 6600?

Hope you're able to help :redface:

/cruise

GhostDog
20-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Its not just software.The N-Gage Classic has additional hardware that is being utilized by the MP3 player software which is not really good IMHO.

Jj03
20-08-2004, 04:55 PM
again, ngage has stereo hardware..while the 6600 has mono hardware...i can recommend ultra mp3 as the best mp3 player for the 6600, as its skinable, and easy to use.. you can find the trail version from http://wap.my-symbian.com please also note that, the songs you download for it also have to be in mono or you will find that the tracks jump every second or so...

Harsh
17-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Its not just software.The N-Gage Classic has additional hardware that is being utilized by the MP3 player software which is not really good IMHO.

Even though (in my opinion) Ngage Classic has a great mp3 player hardware, the corresponding software to is it not upto the mark.

Correct me if I'm wrong but other mp3 player softwares (like mp3go, UltraMp3) use the phone processor to play mp3 files, thus giving an output of 16khz.

My question is : Is there any mp3 player which uses the Ngage Classics mp3 hardware to play mp3 files, thus giving an output of 44.1 khz?

Please Help.

Thankyou,
Harsh

GhostDog
18-09-2004, 03:16 PM
My question is : Is there any mp3 player which uses the Ngage Classics mp3 hardware to play mp3 files, thus giving an output of 44.1 khz?

Nope,sorry.