View Full Version : Chat with All About ER6 members - 6PM BST / 5PM GMT

Rafe
28-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Its not official or anything, but tomorrow at 6PM BST (5PM GMT) I will be over at epocchat.com (http://www.epocchat.com) which is a long running weekly chat for Symbian and Psion users. It would be great to see some of the site members there... so if you're free why not pop along.

Can you resist the temptation of talking to Rafe? The answer: YES!

http://www.epocchat.com/

If this proves popular it will become a regular feature.

martinharnevie
29-09-2002, 02:31 AM
Cannot attend as I will be out of timezone this weekend (NZ)

We're watching the beginning of an avalanche of Symbian devices this year: 9210i, 7650, P800, 3650, WLAN/WiFi upgrade of netBook, and now 6650 WCDMA.

Panasonic, Siemens and Samsung are about to announce S60 handsets, and Motorola is about to announce a UIQ handset.

upponalle
29-09-2002, 08:45 AM
Rafe, that sounds like a good idea. I haven't been in a while over there at the chat room. Any chance, if it might become popular among AAER6 users, to have our own chat room. The reason why I asked is, that mostly Epocchat might be about ER5 and I guess we have to see how we blend in... ;)

Rafe
29-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Yes if it proves popular we'll move over to our own chat system (or maybe have a specific ER6 chat at epocchat.com. Basically this was the easiest way to do it at short notice and a lot less hassle for me.

I've run it past the organisers and they don't mind. Back in the dim and dsitant past I used to be a lot more involved and helped a certain amount with the move from 3Lib.

Rafe

Dazler
29-09-2002, 01:02 PM
Before my symbian time I developed a big number of different chat engines and IRC phpchat's (no java midlets but pure server to irc connections)
And hosting a channel on a IRC server is totally free and easy ;)

upponalle
29-09-2002, 06:04 PM
So what was the impression of Epocchat?

Personally, I think we might be better off by having our own chat or something on IRC like Dazler suggested.
I missed the beginning, but I felt that there was not too much ER6 related issues. Maybe I missed sth., then you can correct me.

Let me know what you think!

Dazler
29-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Yes, the topics were more intended for other users then only Er6 users :)
A own chat would be cool :)

Ewan
29-09-2002, 06:41 PM
A lot of EpocChat is 'memories' and lamenting the loss of the older PDA's. They haven't been lost,everyone stil has them that wants them, but it can get depressing. May I suggest our own chat. I like the Sunday evening at 6pm time, but not sure whether it's fair to go head to head with them. :-?