View Full Version : Document reader for A925

Paul G
07-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Hi guys,
Just wondering if there was an application (preferably free-ware, but not essential) that I could use to read .txt, .pdf, .doc etc.. files on my A925. I liked the look of mobipocket reader, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the A925 (at least that's what my examination of the website found).

Thanks a lot!

Paul

mobipocket
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
The Mobipocket Reader is compatible with ALL Symbian UIQ phones.

Your problem may come from the manufacturer, which made several versions of the device. As we have no way to test the Reader (we cannot purchase the A920/925 in France), Three tested it and said it was OK.
Therefore, you need to contact them and see why your version of this device does not accept the Reader.

Paul G
13-08-2004, 11:40 PM
The Mobipocket Reader is compatible with ALL Symbian UIQ phones.

Your problem may come from the manufacturer, which made several versions of the device. As we have no way to test the Reader (we cannot purchase the A920/925 in France), Three tested it and said it was OK.
Therefore, you need to contact them and see why your version of this device does not accept the Reader.

Thanks for your reply.
The problem I am having is that when I try to install the software on my phone, it says "This software is not compatible with this device."... Is there any way to get past this? (without having to contact three?)

confucious
14-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks for your reply.
The problem I am having is that when I try to install the software on my phone, it says "This software is not compatible with this device."... Is there any way to get past this? (without having to contact three?)
Have you installed the P800 platform sis file?

Paul G
14-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Have you installed the P800 platform sis file?
Er.. No... Where would I find this?

Thanks!

Paul

mobipocket
18-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Did you try to contact Three before installing any system file on your smartphone ?

Paul-G
19-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Did you try to contact Three before installing any system file on your smartphone ?

Thanks for the help everyone, I managed to get it installed and working. It's a very good piece of software.

Thanks again!

Paul

Paul G
19-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi guys,
Sorry to double post here, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way of getting e-news to download directly onto my A925. Currently, what I have to do is copy the .prc files onto the phone using desktop suite. When I double click these files it says that there is no handset connected...

Sarah
09-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi guys,
Sorry to double post here, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way of getting e-news to download directly onto my A925. Currently, what I have to do is copy the .prc files onto the phone using desktop suite. When I double click these files it says that there is no handset connected...

i'm sinning even more here Paul by crossposting, but wanted to get your attention. In another thread you said you'd had connection problems, but then solved them. Can you tell us all how as there's a few people who are having the same problems, including myself. I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Nicomorix
19-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the help everyone, I managed to get it installed and working. It's a very good piece of software.

Thanks again!

Paul

HI Paul,
sorry to bother you, but would you mind telling me how you solved the problem? I have the same problem, and I downloaded the p800 sis file...
CHeers
Nicola

aldoofbaga
14-10-2004, 01:58 AM
I've tried installing all the SIS files that come with mobipocket symbian... uiqreader, mobireader, etc. It still says incompatible.

I have a recent A925 from Three in Australia. It even fails when going through the three Australia software site, which has a hudango download of mobipocket

bisqeet
21-10-2004, 10:17 AM
cant u unlock the phone with the hacked exe file nad then just add the programs to the apps folder?

whoomer
26-10-2004, 09:22 AM
I've tried installing all the SIS files that come with mobipocket symbian... uiqreader, mobireader, etc. It still says incompatible.

I have a recent A925 from Three in Australia. It even fails when going through the three Australia software site, which has a hudango download of mobipocket

You have to COPY the .sis file manually to : C:\system\install

the easiest way to do that, is by using a program called : SMan (or another filemanager that allows you to go into the systemfiles).

You find Sman 1.3 here : http://my-symbian.com/uiq/download/index.php?Category=1&CurrentPage=3

FAA

bisqeet
26-10-2004, 11:01 AM
or on the flashcard;

d:\system\install

dont u still need the hacked Ecfmserv.exe for the desktop suite to see the c:\system\install folder?