View Full Version : o2 active uninstall?

caff
05-08-2004, 03:40 PM
got a unblocked o2 sx1 mclaren... only problem is its from germany and I dont use o2.. was wondering how I go about uninstalling the o2 active thing... so far all I can figure out is that there's a option to uninstall in the tools bit at the botom right.. it tells you some instruction about deactvating it (was able to do this) and then going to tools-> prog. manamger and uninstalling (can't figure that out.. can't find where it is?)

any help?

heres what it says from the uninstall menu on the phone

german -
um diese anwendung zu deinstallieren, mussen sie sie zuerst deaktivieren und dann im handy-menu unter 'tools' den 'progr. mananger ' offnen. wahlen sie dort 'o2 active' aus und wahlen sie 'entfernen' unter optionen

english (translated from google)
in order to deinstallieren this application, they mussen it first deactivate and then in the handy menu under ' tools ' ' progr. the one meadow ' off EN elections them there ' CO2 active ' out and elections them ' remove ' under options

evobit
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
On a standard SX1, go to Setup -> Manager -> Highlight the O2 thing -> Options -> Remove

caff
10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
but o2 doesn't appear in the manager????

only things in it are 2 games I downloaded.. that's it

willyboy666
10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
black o2 music is what i have and i couldnt take out the o2 things mail,mp3player... even then languages en-de-tr why the hell i need türkish for, so what i did is flash the phone with self mooded 12 brd retail en-de-fr, voila everything is gooooooooooooood
caff some of o2 things are in A: drive (and it right protected )you can not take it out . la fin

caff
12-08-2004, 12:23 PM
black o2 music is what i have and i couldnt take out the o2 things mail,mp3player... even then languages en-de-tr why the hell i need türkish for, so what i did is flash the phone with self mooded 12 brd retail en-de-fr, voila everything is gooooooooooooood
caff some of o2 things are in A: drive (and it right protected )you can not take it out . la fin

so I have to flash the phones memory and reinstall it with '12 brd retail en-de-fr' (which I get from where?? )

Graffe
20-08-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm in the same boat as you caff. Just hoping someone can add to this thread to explain things just a bit better.

1.) Flash the phone (how? what program if one is needed? where to download?)
2.) 'self mooded'. Do you mean 'self modded'? I thought putting a different variant (Rolf Variant) was a bad thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer your question caff, you can download the software here: http://www.my-siemens.com/com.aperto/MySiemens/Files/Specials/hq/SX1_Upgrade_v12/main.html

doubled
12-09-2004, 07:38 PM
caff, I'm trying to do the same thing you are. Please let me know if you figure it out. Thanks

r_n[at]vp.pl
13-09-2004, 06:14 PM
if i have a music edition from o2, can i flash my sx1 with polish language version of software?if its possible how can i do that. its very important for me

wigs
23-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I got an o2 music version of the sx1 and the o2 active thing was on the memory card that came with the phone.
Have you tried formatting the memory card or tried another card?

Reddeer2000
24-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi !

My name is Frank and I'm from Germany. We have four O2-Music-SX1 in the family.
Thze only way to remove the O2 things , is to flash the SX1 with an unbranded Firmware.
If you need a Firmware, let me know it. I have a lot of Fws, from SW 12 up to SW 14, also McLaren without branding. All of them have the english language.

Best regards
Reddeer2000

caff
08-11-2004, 05:45 PM
so you can just flash it with any firmware ?

Reddeer2000
08-11-2004, 06:22 PM
You need the FW-updates with winswup.
Tell me what FW you need and I will send it to you or will send you the link where you can download it.

Cheers
Reddeer2000

caff
16-11-2004, 06:28 PM
well the rolf varient name is sx1_02-d-music-uk-de-tr_10_0005

.. just would like to get rid of the 02 active stuff since its in german and I cant read it (keeps trying to connect to the internet.. bloody annoying. plus I'm on a differnet network and pointless to use the 02 stuff..)

so could you post a link to whatever firmware would be suitable to replace it?
thanks

Reddeer2000
16-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Hi Caff !

Download the latest fw from my site :

http://www.reddeer2000.de/SX1_15_RUSSIA-RETAIL-uk-de-ru.zip

If you need a manual for the flash, let me know it.

Cheers
Reddeer2000

jaredcoleone
30-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Hey I need help i have an o2 model and I need to flash it and I don't know how. Or I need the upgrade for the sx1_02-d-music can anyone help me? Send me an email at jaredcoleone@yahoo.com

Juggeli
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi Caff !

Cheers
Reddeer2000
Do you have any finnish language firmware?

caff
20-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi Caff !

Cheers
Reddeer2000

works great thanks

clonmult
27-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Why d'yall need to remove it?

It takes a few seconds to switch it off (its in the options on the application), and then its effectively gone, not using any memory at all.

The music part is awkward, but then again, try using OggPlay instead - the files are smaller, and the application is much nicer to use than the built-in MP3 player.

sxtheone
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
hello, Reddeer2000, I've sent a msg to you about winswup for O2 . Do you have the latest winswup version of O2-d-music, to which i will appreciate it if you can send me a download link. thx.

caff
10-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Why d'yall need to remove it?

It takes a few seconds to switch it off (its in the options on the application), and then its effectively gone, not using any memory at all.

The music part is awkward, but then again, try using OggPlay instead - the files are smaller, and the application is much nicer to use than the built-in MP3 player.
well I wasn't on o2 but every time i swapped memory cards or turned the phone back on it would insist on crefreshing the o2 webiste, tried everything to get it to stop but it insisted on doing that. really pissed me off

caff
17-05-2005, 11:39 AM

this link no longer works.. anyone has a copy

forward it to roscaf at gmail dot com

thanx