View Full Version : Transfer MP3 files from message inbox to memory card

marcvl
03-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi:

I just transfered an MP3 file from my Mac (running OS 10.3) to my 7610 using bluetooth.

The 5Meg file shows up as a 'message' clogging up my phone memory. I want to transfer the file the memory card, but I can't seem to be able to do that. When clicking options, I only have the option of saving the file in 'My folders' which is within the messaging application. I can't seem to get out of there. I tried the file manager but can't find the mp3.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

tahussle
06-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi:

I just transfered an MP3 file from my Mac (running OS 10.3) to my 7610 using bluetooth.

The 5Meg file shows up as a 'message' clogging up my phone memory. I want to transfer the file the memory card, but I can't seem to be able to do that. When clicking options, I only have the option of saving the file in 'My folders' which is within the messaging application. I can't seem to get out of there. I tried the file manager but can't find the mp3.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

You can use a program called seleq ( helps you browse your phone).Better yet, use file transfer in pc suite 6.1 that comes with the phone. You can then browse ur phone on the pc and transfer files to e.g the music folder on your phone. You may dowload pcsuite 6.1 from the nokia site if you dont already have it.

N/A
06-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Instead of SeleQ, which costs something, get the free FExplorer that does the same thing from http://www.gosymbian.com/

Also, the latest PC Suite is 6.2 for the 7610; http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

marcvl
06-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I tried FExplorer and it worked fine. Thanks.

It only took me a while to find the file in the messaging folder. It was actually hidden in following directory:

C:\System\Mail\00001001_S\2\

Cheers,
Marc

garcons50
09-08-2004, 04:42 AM
I think there is this small utlity called "Forward" that allows you to send stuff from messagign folder to the MMC

mhadley82
16-08-2004, 07:49 PM
I had just the same problem with trying to figure out how to save mp3's to my mmc card but then realised how to do it...

first open the mp3 so it opens in realplayer, then press the stop button so it stops playing, then go into the options and "save". you can then save it to your mmc card and delete the one from your message inbox.

winedzongar
17-08-2004, 05:40 AM
I had just the same problem with trying to figure out how to save mp3's to my mmc card but then realised how to do it...

first open the mp3 so it opens in realplayer, then press the stop button so it stops playing, then go into the options and "save". you can then save it to your mmc card and delete the one from your message inbox.

or you can go to "settings" for the inbox and set memory in use to your MMC

inbox/settings/other/setmem

Kamalayan
17-08-2004, 08:34 AM
or you can go to "settings" for the inbox and set memory in use to your MMC

inbox/settings/other/setmem
Yup Thats what id do too. :D