View Full Version : Update On Its Way !!!!

SPEEDMAN
03-08-2004, 11:53 AM
dear Sendo users,

i have just had confirmed news that an update will be on its way soon.
Sendo emplyoees are working day and night to get it working.

but we need your help

if you can send us a complete list of all the problems you encounter with the sendo X,

containing: - detailed info of the problems you encounter, give a score of high/medium/low urgency (and do be honest)
- softwareversion number of the sendo x you have (type *#0000# in the main screen to see your software version)
- how often the problems occur

mail them to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl !!!!!!!!! please do so, it would help a lot !!!

we will solve the problems together !!! :icon14:

call problems occur do to a new softwareversion. the older softwareversion didn't seem to have those problems, so they are fixing it as we speak !!

Nutzu
03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
dear Sendo users,

but we need your help

if you can send us a complete list of all the problems you encounter with the sendo X,

containing: - detailed info of the problems you encounter, give a score of high/medium/low urgency (and do be honest)
- softwareversion number of the sendo x you have (type *#0000# in the main screen to see your software version)

mail them to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl !!!!!!!!! please do so, it would help a lot !!!

call problems occur do to a new softwareversion. the older softwareversion didn't seem to have those problems, so they are fixing it as we speak !!is more easy for some one from sendo to come here and read the posts and for shure is gonna find all the flaws and problems btw camera is crap inside distorsion colors like purple :frown:

SPEEDMAN
03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
if this company is willing to cooperate with us to fix it,

please be willing to do what they ask us ;)

i will tonight when i get home from work. i suggest you do the same, you will not only help yourself, but everybody with a sendo -x including myself.

thank you very much for helping me and many other sendo-x users for cooperating with this action.

thanks

Speedman
Belgium

gOOdgRavY
03-08-2004, 11:14 PM
SPEEDMAN, I just sent off an email detailing the bugs I found as per your instructions. Let us hope for an amazing FW update! :D

SPEEDMAN
04-08-2004, 06:05 AM
very nice gravy,
if everyone would do like you, we would have some serious feedback !

Matthia
04-08-2004, 01:45 PM
dear Sendo users,

but we need your help

call problems occur do to a new softwareversion. the older softwareversion didn't seem to have those problems, so they are fixing it as we speak !!

Hi Speedman,
can I know how and who you hear about soon first firmware update?

I'm italian, I and other italians owners of Sendo making a report with all bugs for release of X 1.22.8.1 (06-14-2004) and X 1.24.2.2 (06-17-2004)...

Wich owner is for this mail (marc@nieuwemobiel.nl)?

Unlikely, my relase of Sendo X is the first X 1.22.8.1 (06-14-2004) and there are network problems too :(

Often, who call me find my handset like turn off. My network operator is TIN (of Telecom Italy branches). Then, sometimes network signal lost and it needs turn off and turn on again handset to work well :(

These error are High urgency!

gOOdgRavY
04-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Matthia,
I have the same firmware as you and I have the exact same problems.
Marc said he had already sent his letter of bugs in for this week and he might do another next week.
I sent my list into Sendo directly as an attachment because of this.
--gRavY

Smirnoff
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Matthia,
I have the same firmware as you and I have the exact same problems.
Marc said he had already sent his letter of bugs in for this week and he might do another next week.
I sent my list into Sendo directly as an attachment because of this.
--gRavY

but is possible that this problem will be resolved by firmware??
i hope that don't is an hardware problem...

gOOdgRavY
05-08-2004, 09:54 AM

Smirnoff let us hope so. I am trying not to be skeptical. Though I appreciate the magnitude of getting a brand new phone to work properly, I don't like being the lab mouse for it. :tongue:
I've been tempted to give up but still holding on. The phone has tons of potential and is what I want!
--gRavY

BTW, does anyone else's X beep when the person you call answers? I have been told this is normal for the X. Why?! Hearing the others person talking lets me know I have connected--why the beep? :?

Nutzu
05-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Smirnoff let us hope so. I am trying not to be skeptical. Though I appreciate the magnitude of getting a brand new phone to work properly, I don't like being the lab mouse for it. :tongue:
I've been tempted to give up but still holding on. The phone has tons of potential and is what I want!
--gRavY

BTW, does anyone else's X beep when the person you call answers? I have been told this is normal for the X. Why?! Hearing the others person talking lets me know I have connected--why the beep? :?
THE BEEP IS THE SAME ON SX1 I HAD THE SX1 BEFORE AND IT CAMES WITH THE PHONE IS NOT AN FW PROBLEM,ANYWAY MY SENDO X IS ON THE BOX RIGHT NOW I'M USING THE n7610 I TRIED FOR FEEW MIN AND I LIKE NOKIA MORE THAN X

Matthia
05-08-2004, 12:23 PM

If this problem is hardware, Sendo will have receive back all Sendo X sold e return new work Sendo X o all money...

An handset that doesn't work like mobile for 500€...

SPEEDMAN
05-08-2004, 02:43 PM
o my god !!!!

i just wrote a whole text and now it's gone !!!!

this forum is sooooo slow ! i wrote a text in english and italian. sry but you'r gonna have to do it with english then

=> a tecnician is coming from londen to Holland tomorrow to have a look at the sendo users with problems. they know about the call/network problems and are working on it. i will hopefully be able to make an appointment as well to have a look at mine.

please stop doubting my words, because it irritates me a little. just do what i said: write a full report of the bugs(explain clearly what happens and how often), stating also the urgency level (low-medium-high)
do not forget your software version !

i got an email today from sendo to confirm all this !
send this email to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl and sendo will take care of it!

i am NOT working for sendo, i am a user of the phone and i experience the same problems as you with that phone. i try to help you, because i would like to be helped with my problems when i would have them myself. it's just my character.
but again, i do NOT work for sendo !

thanks for sending the bug emails !
i'll give you an update tomorrow !

plinkykev
05-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi All,

This is true. One of our guys is flying to Holland today to see about some specific issues.
After that, we will hopefully be able to report back some good things and provide a firmware update. It SHOULD NOT need a hardware fix, so DO NOT worry about that.

We are also going throught the other issues that have been sent in so far, on this forum and by our support office.

Regards,

plinkyKev

SPEEDMAN
05-08-2004, 03:16 PM
thanks plinkykev, this should be a blast :redface:

soon we can expect lots of updateS.

i don't understand why you haven't put the other updates yet online, i have the oldest software, why not put the newer allready online... ;)

gOOdgRavY
05-08-2004, 04:47 PM
SPEEDMAN please ignore the razzing you are getting. I appreciate your efforts and I too want things to get better with the X. I am glad to hear that Sendo is making considerable efforts to fix the problems. Glad to hear plinkykev chime in on that too.
Something else to consider is the camera. The colors are so dark on it and it is very slow. I think it is a problem with the Auto White Balance. I am posting 2 pictures of the same thing, same angle, same lighting, etc. One is from my X, which is darker, fuzzier and less vivid in detail. The other is from my wife's 3650. To be fair, the X file is almost twice as large as the 3650, but still the 3650 has far more detail and accurate color.
I was told by Marc of nieuw... (forgot how to spell it)..mobile.de that this is normal and that the 6600 was also slow and dark. This is not satisfactory and cannot be what either company (Sendo or Nokia) wants.
Lastly, does anyone know if a 3rd party app will improve the X's camera functioning?
Cheers,
--gRavY

SPEEDMAN
05-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Any of you, if you read this message and live in Holland, or close to holland, PLEASE READ THIS !!!

official statement of sendo:

We all take your comment for granted. That's why tomorrowmorning 6/8/2004 we will be in DEN HAAG at about 11.30 oclock (GMT +1) at the Mercure Den Haag Central on the Spui.
Tomorrow afternoon we will be in Amsterdam, at about 14 o'clock at the NH Caransa Hotel on the Rembrandtplein.

We hope to meet some of you there!

---

this is the ideal opportunity to talk about all the bugs and the problems you encountered !!
Some of us will be going hoping to represent a lot of you sendo users with problems AND FIX THEM
We will beat the 7610 i'm sure :-D

Nutzu
05-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Any of you, if you read this message and live in Holland, or close to holland, PLEASE READ THIS !!!

We all take your comment for granted. That's why tomorrowmorning 6/8/2004 we will be in DEN HAAG at about 11.30 oclock (GMT +1) at the Mercure Den Haag Central on the Spui.
Tomorrow afternoon we will be in Amsterdam, at about 14 o'clock at the NH Caransa Hotel on the Rembrandtplein.

---

this is the ideal opportunity to talk about all the bugs and the problems you encountered !!
never is gonna beat N7610 like i told u i have bowth of them sendo is full of bugs so until than i'll use my N7610 i feel so bad cuz i spend a lot of money for it doesn't worth the money
Some of us will be going hoping to represent a lot of you sendo users with problems AND FIX THEM
We will beat the 7610 i'm sure :-D

Nutzu
05-08-2004, 07:03 PM

---

We will beat the 7610 i'm sure :-Dnever is gonna beat N7610 like i told u i have bowth of them sendo is full of bugs so until than i'll use my N7610 i feel so bad cuz i spend a lot of money for it doesn't worth the money

SPEEDMAN
06-08-2004, 06:12 AM
nutzu, i'm sry but your nagging is really getting to me.
if you hate it, sell it and stop complaining. if you want to do something about it, help yourself and everybody else who owns a sendo by sending the bugs in mail to the adress i gave previously.
if you love 7610 more, then just go to that forum, but please stop shouting that the sendo x is s*** because it is not helping anyone.

euphoriauk2003
06-08-2004, 11:48 AM
nutzu, i'm sry but your nagging is really getting to me.
if you hate it, sell it and stop complaining. if you want to do something about it, help yourself and everybody else who owns a sendo by sending the bugs in mail to the adress i gave previously.
if you love 7610 more, then just go to that forum, but please stop shouting that the sendo x is s*** because it is not helping anyone.
I agree, all in all the phone is great and deserves a chance. The willingness of Sendo to meet with consumers clearly shows they respond to customer feedback! :icon14:

SPEEDMAN
06-08-2004, 11:56 AM
gravy, the problems you mention with your camera can be greatly resolved by making the colours of the camera brighter.
This can be done in either the profiles menu or the camera utility itself, i don't exactly remember. it's one of those 2.
i put the brightness of my screen also on maximum (ultra) because i like it better that way.
very anxious to hear news about the sendo meetings in holland today :rolleyes: :icon14: :icon4:

Matthia
06-08-2004, 01:14 PM
o my god !!!!
please stop doubting my words, because it irritates me a little. just do what i said: write a full report of the bugs (explain clearly what happens and how often), stating also the urgency level (low-medium-high)
do not forget your software version !

i got an email today from sendo to confirm all this !
send this email to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl and sendo will take care of it!

i am NOT working for sendo, i am a user of the phone and i experience the same problems as you with that phone. i try to help you, because i would like to be helped with my problems when i would have them myself. it's just my character.
but again, i do NOT work for sendo !

thanks for sending the bug emails !
i'll give you an update tomorrow !

Sorry SpeedMan, but we italians testing handset for many days and Sendo X got many bugs, we all waiting for first reply (read: first corpose upgrade) from Sendo X, and someone start to be doubt :)

However, now it's vacancies time and there are a few users on our forums for massive reporting bugs to this e-mail, is it possible send mail there after too?

Meanwhile, I can send for me my handset bugs...

For Plinkykev... We HOPE that network problems are ONLY software... an handset that doesn't work well and it costs 500€...

For SpeedMan and gOOdgRavY about photos among Sendo X and Nokia 3650: in these photos, in 3650 is better like definition no only bright.
However, in sun conditions Sendo X camera is good, but with artificial light and night most photos are bad and camera became very very slow and framerate skipping :(

SPEEDMAN
06-08-2004, 01:33 PM
matthia ti capisco bene,

but you have to understand, sendo is working very hard at it right now. I understand you feel left out and also experience all the bugs.

i encourage you to be their saviour and write all the bugs in plain english. Please spiegali bene !! dopo ci metti se é un bug con molto urgencia o no. Anche metti con tutti bugs quale 'version' di software é installato sul mobile !

se non fai questo, non puo aiutare Sendo. secondo me, non hanno abbastanza personale in Italia quello conosce la tecnicità del mobile. Per questo dovresti mettere tutti bugs in email e inviarle a Marc@nieuwemobiel.nl. Cosi possiamo aiutarvi. Anchio ho comprato mio mobile in Italia. L'ho ordinato su internet di netbytemall.com. Mio software é anche di giugno, allora conosco bene vostri probleme. Vi prego di aspettare un po, cosi possiamo risolvere tutti bugs e 'rilasciare' un 'version' meglio a scaricare.

La personale Stanno lavorando moltissimo adesso, allora non prendera ancora molto tempo. Mi fai fiducia, conosco bene la gente vicino con Sendo. Anche puo fare fiducia in Plinkykev, lui lavoro per Sendo.

cosi..

spero che mi capite, non parlo bene l'italiano ma ho provato di spiegare un po che succede adesso.

p.S. puoi dirmi un forum italiano dove vi parlate del sendo-x in italia?

sry guys, but i think those guys in italy deserve some explanation. I said i think that probably they are not getting helped because the staff of sendo in Italy probably isn't aware of the technical problems nor how to solve them. i expect news soon.

Nutzu
06-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Sorry SpeedMan, but we italians testing handset for many days and Sendo X got many bugs, we all waiting for first reply (read: first corpose upgrade) from Sendo X, and someone start to be doubt :)

However, now it's vacancies time and there are a few users on our forums for massive reporting bugs to this e-mail, is it possible send mail there after too?

Meanwhile, I can send for me my handset bugs...

For Plinkykev... We HOPE that network problems are ONLY software... an handset that doesn't work well and it costs 500€...

For SpeedMan and gOOdgRavY about photos among Sendo X and Nokia 3650: in these photos, in 3650 is better like definition no only bright.
However, in sun conditions Sendo X camera is good, but with artificial light and night most photos are bad and camera became very very slow and framerate skipping :(thx matthia seams like somebody is awake,and is true they took a lot of time lunch it and they lunch it with bugs,and i'm not a nokia lover,i thought sendo beeing a small company they could make nice phones and have good quality but now i realise i was wrong i hope i'll have the phone untill they make that update to see the improvements. :D :icon13: :frown:

praefectus
06-08-2004, 02:39 PM
is more easy for some one from sendo to come here and read the posts and for shure is gonna find all the flaws and problems btw camera is crap inside distorsion colors like purple :frown:

Stop being lazy -- if you want your phone's firmware to be improved, take a little time to give a detailed description of your problem(s), and tell them HOW you get to the problem, so they can repeat the problem in house -- if you can't do this, I doubt the problem is going to be fixed.

Be precise, and "precise" problems will be fixed ....

Matthia
06-08-2004, 05:17 PM
sry guys, but i think those guys in italy deserve some explanation. I said i think that probably they are not getting helped because the staff of sendo in Italy probably isn't aware of the technical problems nor how to solve them. i expect news soon.

SpeedMan, don't worry, you can talk to me in english, I understand very well english, also if I write bad english ^_^;;

However, I understand Sendo X problems, it's best Symbian 60 mobile for some my personal requirements but, some bugs must be fixed soon! I'm talking about network problems, because I understand that it need waiting for fix some multimedia bugs, for example, but it isn't tollerable use handset that result often like no reachable!

Italiany community waiting for first (and hope massive...) firmware upgrade that fix network problems and then other problems, if it is possible, like: no working most of links with Now!, lost of wallpapers colors on Now!, screen flickering, low free RAM, low video performance (I testing it with famous SmartMovie author that he waiting for Sendo X reply since days...)...

We believe in Sendo...

SPEEDMAN
06-08-2004, 08:00 PM
DEAR SENDO X LOVERS !!! :o

some of the sendo x users had a great contact with the technician of SENDO in Holland today and guess what

ALL, yes ALL bugs will be fixed in the next software version fireware update.

this includes EVERY, yes EVERY little bug that was mentioned here as well.

as i said be4, sendo is working it's a*s off to get it finished sooner.
Those who had faith in sendo will soon be rewarded. The thing is nokia is able to invest more in final testing. Sendo can learn from this, but in your opinion,

what is better..

a company that invests in testing, releases the phone, and never updates the fireware/software again

OR

a company that releases a phone with a few bugs, listens to its customers and then fixes EVERYTHING the customers were complaining about

???

take your pick.

thing is the fireware is on its way, including the fixes for the panels and possibility for new themes !!!

imho SENDO ROCKS. and we made it happen!
Thanks for all the help from everyone and i big thanks out to Marc from nieuwemobiel.nl. Without himn none of this would have been possible.

I also thank you users for sending the mails i asked for.

and for nutzu i have a special smiley: http://www.kaagent.be/forum/images/smiles/wave.gif

Nutzu
07-08-2004, 01:00 AM
DEAR SENDO X LOVERS !!! :o

some of the sendo x users had a great contact with the technician of SENDO in Holland today and guess what

as i said be4, sendo is working it's a*s off to get it finished sooner.
Those who had faith in sendo will soon be rewarded. The thing is nokia is able to invest more in final testing. Sendo can learn from this, but in your opinion,

what is better..

a company that invests in testing, releases the phone, and never updates the fireware/software again

OR

a company that releases a phone with a few bugs, listens to its customers and then fixes EVERYTHING the customers were complaining about

???

take your pick.

thing is the fireware is on its way, including the fixes for the panels and possibility for new themes !!!

imho SENDO ROCKS. and we made it happen!
Thanks for all the help from everyone and i big thanks out to Marc from nieuwemobiel.nl. Without himn none of this would have been possible.

I also thank you users for sending the mails i asked for.

and for nutzu i have a special smiley: http://www.kaagent.be/forum/images/smiles/wave.gifGOO NEWS SPEEDMAN I CAN WAIT TO SEE THE NEW FW IN HOW MANY MONTH IS GONNA BE OUT?? :D NO OFENCE I WAS JOKING ANYWAY MY SENDO IS ON THE BOX BRAND NEW WHEN THEY GONNA RELEASE THE NEW FW I'M GONNA UPDATE IT TO HOW SMART IS GONNA BE,AND NOTHER THING NOKIA I'S RELEASING A NEW UPDATE FOR THE n7610 BUT OFCOURSE I DIDN'T NOW THAT :icon14:
I LOVE SMART PHONES LIKSE SENDO(WITH OUT BUGS) ;) :rolleyes:
SPEEDMAN U THE MAN :icon14:

Matthia
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM

1) Hi SpeedMan, lets do undestand me: some guys with Sendo X handset meet Sendo X responsables in Holland and spoke them of handset problems and responsables had told that most of their bugs will resolve on first firmware? Because Sendo responsables already know about these problems?

2) When will be first firmware update out? September? Next week? Do you know this?

3) It'd be need to know a changelog of all fix for this first firmware update...
Do you know what exactly will be fixed?

what is better..
OR
???

4) I take Sendo X for firmware update, BUT because via these updates Sendo can realize our handset better of Nokia 6600/7610... BUT NOW, Sendo X is better only for quality stereo audio, Now! feature (but no full usable), and a few other... Nokia 6600 has more free RAM memory, more power (SmartMovie and Mobiclip work well while no on Sendo X...)...

Now Sendo think first to fix ALL problems, and then to upper free RAM memory, video performance, and other exclusive plugin and features, so it's good!

We believe in Sendo...

SPEEDMAN
08-08-2004, 02:33 AM
yes they will fix all the problems (including smartmovie that doesn't work etc...)

yes a fireware will be released soon. Problem is the different network operators require logo's and settings of their own networks installed in the different fireware updates. That's why it takes more time.

if you receive any more bugs please keep sending them with a full report to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl in english. We will make sure sendo receives them and fixes them !!!

gOOdgRavY
08-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the work SPEEDMAN and please pass our thanks on to Marc as well. I, for one, appreciate the efforts by you both.
--gRavY

Matthia
08-08-2004, 07:59 AM
yes they will fix all the problems (including smartmovie that doesn't work etc...)

I HOPE! But... SmartMovie problems too?
Michal Bacik, SmartMovie author, says about bad video performance tested on my Sendo X, he mailed to Sendo that ask my handset info, while Plikykev says that Sendo release a developed kit to Michal Bacik (but Sendo no reply to him about this...)...

yes a fireware will be released soon. Problem is the different network operators require logo's and settings of their own networks installed in the different fireware updates. That's why it takes more time.

FirMware not firEwire :p
However, how will be soon firmware released? 1 week? 2 week?

if you receive any more bugs please keep sending them with a full report to marc@nieuwemobiel.nl in english. We will make sure sendo receives them and fixes them !!!

Ok, today I make my bugs list and report to Marc...

SPEEDMAN
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes smartmovie would be fixed.

MAttia, send me the contact email adress of Michal Bacik of smartmovie.
one of these days i will have contact with the sendo-top crew and then i will mention to fix it.

i ALSO want smartmovie to be fixed real fast ! it's on top of my list !!

Matthia
09-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Yes smartmovie would be fixed.

MAttia, send me the contact email adress of Michal Bacik of smartmovie.
one of these days i will have contact with the sendo-top crew and then i will mention to fix it.

i ALSO want smartmovie to be fixed real fast ! it's on top of my list !!

SpeedMan, you have a PM :)

SPEEDMAN
10-08-2004, 01:50 PM
i replied ;)

karkarlo
10-08-2004, 11:15 PM
i replied ;)

PM :)

cre8or
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Can you guys tell me an online shop in NL our other country in europe that is selling SENDO X ?

Btw some ppl are saying that sendo has a very bad RF can you guys say something about that ? can it be fixed via firmware ? our is it really Hardware problem ?

PS: I WANT A SENDO X

SPEEDMAN
11-08-2004, 07:54 PM
http://www.tweakers.net/pricewatch/90249
check this url for places in the netherlands.
you ought to check the stores in Holland to see where they have it at a reasonable price. ;)

cre8or
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
SpeedMan i am from Portugal, can you just tell me some websites in NL ? that send SENDO X to other countrys thanks.

SPEEDMAN
12-08-2004, 10:28 AM
cre8or, why don't you order in ITaly? Italy is closer and the price is the same.

i ordered at www.netbytemall.com and it took 1,5 days to send it to my home in Belgium.

I don't know if the sites in holland send to Portugal, but you can always ask for information over there.

http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/52923/art/sendo/x.html
http://www.expansys.nl/product.asp?code=108279

BCC should have it as well, you can ask on their website here:
http://bcc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bcc.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=RG6*6Kih&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9Mjk4J nBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

that's all the info i have 4 now. Hope it helps you a little.

cre8or
19-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi since i got my sendo x i been searching for bugs and i found one that no one as talked about it in here, and bug is :

When i make a call from my Sendo X to another person the other hears lots of noise from the area where i am making the call,while me using Sendo X hear the other person with perfect sound quality, what i think is that the microphone on the Sendo X is very sensative, this thing should be fixed cause the other person hears alot of noise. I made several calls from different places.

i have mailed this bug to : marc@nieuwemobiel.nl

has anyone noticed this ?

SPEEDMAN
20-08-2004, 08:29 AM
yes, everyone has the same problems.
When i call someone they also complain about a lot of sound distortion. They are currently working on it.
I expect an update somewhere in september, hopefully sooner. Just hang in there :icon14:

jac57
26-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi Speedman,
can I know how and who you hear about soon first firmware update?

I'm italian, I and other italians owners of Sendo making a report with all bugs for release of X 1.22.8.1 (06-14-2004) and X 1.24.2.2 (06-17-2004)...

Wich owner is for this mail (marc@nieuwemobiel.nl)?

Unlikely, my relase of Sendo X is the first X 1.22.8.1 (06-14-2004) and there are network problems too :(

Often, who call me find my handset like turn off. My network operator is TIN (of Telecom Italy branches). Then, sometimes network signal lost and it needs turn off and turn on again handset to work well :(

These error are High urgency!

mine is x1.30.16.1 6th july 2004
and i still have some very minor things wrong

xerxes
03-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Any word on when the firmware update is coming?

SPEEDMAN
03-09-2004, 11:57 PM
nope,

FAKE rumours say it is coming in 3 weeks and that you won't be able to update with the beta installed.

i repeat: these are FAKE rumours !!!
i had contact with sendo today and they also don't know where these rumours are coming from.

have a little more patience. I'll keep you updated as soon as i know more. It really won't be long anymore. :icon14:

xerxes
07-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I just found a bug in my X and I was wondering whether this has already been reported to Sendo.

This happened three times today whilst I was using the MP3 player.

Whenever a call came in I answered it and then switched back to MP3. When I pressed Play the phone reset itelf.

This also happened when I read an incoming SMS and then switched back to MP3.

Did anyone put anything like this on the email bug lists for the firmware upgrade?

bruce.one
08-09-2004, 09:28 AM
where can updates and BETAs be downloaded ???

xerxes
08-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Is this process for collecting bugs still open?

I have found a couple of little ones.

1) It seems to be impossible to enter a carriage return character. This is annoying in SMS but downright ridiculous in email and Notes.

2) There doesn't seem to be any logic about when you can use T9 and when you cannot. Some apps seem to only support multitap.

SPEEDMAN
09-09-2004, 05:55 AM
excuse me, but...

what is a carriage return character ? :con?

plinkykev
09-09-2004, 09:56 AM
1) It seems to be impossible to enter a carriage return character. This is annoying in SMS but downright ridiculous in email and Notes.

Carriage return / Line Feed characters are not normally (as far as I know) available as standard on most phones. Did you have it on your previous model? If so, what was it? This is possible on the Sendo X, but only with the keyboard accessory. That makes SMS sending much easier (and everything else come to that).

2) There doesn't seem to be any logic about when you can use T9 and when you cannot. Some apps seem to only support multitap.

T9 / text mode is toggled via the asterisk (*) key on the bottom left of the keypad. It should default to the relevant mode as needed. Also, have you set it as active (in Tools / Settings / Phone / General / Dictionary -> Set this to ON to have T9 on by default)

Regards,

plinkykev

flipitw
09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Carriage return / Line Feed characters are not normally (as far as I know) available as standard on most phones. Did you have it on your previous model? If so, what was it?
My Samsung e700 has that, and my Nokia 3510i did as well. It was a little symbol representing a carriage return and it was in the symbols menu with all the other symbols such as ampersands and exclamation marks.

In the Series 60 you can insert carriage returns by pressing the text button (I think this is on the side of the X) and going to Insert symbol, then choosing the last symbol in the list (the arrow one). I take it you've tried all that :(

psintak
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
1) CR/LF is at 0 key - 3times pressed

2) You can allways turn Off T9 (with * key) but sometimes you can not turn it On (apps settings)

messus
09-09-2004, 04:52 PM
I am glad you found out how to use the carriage return, was getting pretty pissed of since I could not find it on my X (and my 6600 had it)!! Thx! :)

BTW! It is pretty irritating that when I want to send a text message I have to punch in the number or access the contacts list.. On my Nokia 6600 FW4.09.1
I can just choose letter mode, and type directly in the first letters of the name
of the person I want to send to, and when I hit send, the Nokia either send
the message directly to the corresponding person, or comes up with a list
of possible persons....

xerxes
09-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Carriage return / Line Feed characters are not normally (as far as I know) available as standard on most phones. Did you have it on your previous model? If so, what was it? This is possible on the Sendo X, but only with the keyboard accessory. That makes SMS sending much easier (and everything else come to that).

I can enter a CR/LF on my Siemens S55.

Regards,

Xerxes

xerxes
09-09-2004, 08:43 PM
1) CR/LF is at 0 key - 3times pressed

Thanks Psintak!

2) You can allways turn Off T9 (with * key) but sometimes you can not turn it On (apps settings)

Plinkeykev,

This is what I was trying to say. In addition, in some apps T9 does not turn on by default (I do have the Dictionary setting set to On) and cannot be turned on by pressing *. If you go to the text menu the option to turn the Dictionary on is sometimes not there.

If you want an example take a photo and save it with the default name. Then go back to the photo and rename it. You can not use T9 to enter the new name.

This also seems to be the case with all the editable fields in Settings.

I have found other examples but I haven't written them down and I cannot remember them right now.

Regards,

xerxes

SPEEDMAN
10-09-2004, 06:21 AM
would you realy use T9 to change a filename ? :con?

i don't think any phone can do that, can they ?

xerxes
10-09-2004, 02:35 PM
would you realy use T9 to change a filename ? :con?

i don't think any phone can do that, can they ?

I know that Settings isn't a great example. I just cannot remember what it was that I was struggling with at the time.

Using T9 to rename a picture isn't that wierd. I usually name my pictures according to what they show so the filename usually consists of ordinary words. No reason T9 couldn't be used there.

The real point that I was trying to make was that the T9 implementation is great when it is available but it isn't always available when I expect it to be. In addition, as psintak mentioned, the apps which do support T9 sometimes allow you to switch out of T9 mode but not back into it.

Avoiding this kind of inconsistency is usually one of the major objectives of good user interface design.

Regards,

Xerxes

SPEEDMAN
10-09-2004, 04:46 PM
you should give some examples on which applications struggle with this mistake, so it can be fixed.

messus
11-09-2004, 05:48 PM
dear Sendo users,

but we need your help

Hi, was told to mail you about remarks/ suggestions for fixes (if possible) on the Sendo X.

I have just received it, but have had the N-6600 for 1 year and know the symbian os pretty well..

My notes so far are: (will add more when I notice them)

- Speaker sound quality are not as good as the N6600
- People complain that the quality of my voice is baaad, compared to the N6600
- Handsfree mode (Loudspeaker) could be better quality, echo and bad sound quality
- A lot of hizz, and sparkling sound when the phone is ringing, playing AMR, WAV and MP3 sound
- Quality of AMR is very bad compared to N6600
- When typing a message, you have to access the contact list, instead of just switching to text-mode in the
receiver field and typing in the name, or the first letters of the name like on the N6600. This is very
cumbersome, and should be fixed...
- When I get a message from a number which is not in the contact-list, I cannot call the number directly
from the overview window in the inbox, I have to open the message and the hit call. Cumbersome
compared to the N6600
- Many many S60 applications don't work on the Sendo X. E.g. Tomtom CityMaps which I bought for
the N6600 wont run, it just crashes. The list is long, e.g. Smartmovie, and many of Psilocs softwares,
and the MGS Game station and the games have very bad sound quality. This is very dissapointing, since
I am sure many bought the Sendo X because of Symbian S60 software compatibility.
- Picture quality is not as good as on the N6600, and by fare as good as on my old N7650. Pictures are
dark and redish. The use of the flash is very limited since pictures become VERY red and unclear.
- Should be possible to change colors of the theme(s), can't seem to find out how!?
- The Companion Cd was supposed to contaion $200 worth of applications, where are these????
(all I can find is the plugin filters for the Document Viewer) ...
- Sound worked 1 time on the Sendo-pinball, now it doesnt work anymore, have tried everything (even reformatting,
must be a bug...

Still I must say that I enjoy the phone much more than the N6600. I hope some or all of these
issues can be done something with!!

My firmware edition is X1.30.16.1 (6-jul-2004)

BTW! Have to demand a new phone from my retailer, since the memory card slot is not functioning!!
Not a good first impression, but let's hope I am only "unlucky" once!!

Best regards
messus (allaboutsymbian/sendo-x forums)

SPEEDMAN
12-09-2004, 01:04 AM
i agree on many of your points and most of them are fixed in the new firmware that is coming soon, but

the 200€ software is not only on the cd.

for example: Realone (is on the phone), Opera (on the phone), mp3 player (standard), then document viewer (on CD)

i forget one or two more apps i think there...

psiloc refuses to make their applications compatible for sendo-x. I think sendo tried to send them a sendo x with development tools, but i'm not sure.
i wouldn't count on them too much.

the thing that bothers me is when i m-iss a call, it won't tell me the name of the caller, rather it just gives me the phonenumber :con?

Manolo
12-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Do you know when will the firmware be released???

I was going to buy the phone, but I think it's better to wait until this release... I want to see how many of this probs are fixed!

Thank You!!!

oh1jty
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Do you know when will the firmware be released???

I was going to buy the phone, but I think it's better to wait until this release... I want to see how many of this probs are fixed!

Thank You!!!

Same thing here.
It's okay to support small evolving phone companies, but to pay and be a beta tester is too much.

swing
13-09-2004, 08:44 AM
psiloc refuses to make their applications compatible for sendo-x. I think sendo tried to send them a sendo x with development tools, but i'm not sure.
i wouldn't count on them too much.Most of their apps claim that they will work with the Sendo X, however I note that one of their newest products, World Traveller does not state it supports the Sendo X in the title bar, but version 1.01 changes says "support for Sendo X". Also, all their apps have had a couple of updates in the last month, so it is possible support is slowly coming throughout their range.

SPEEDMAN
13-09-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't know if you have this problem, but when i play mp3, i can not receive a call. I don't know how to fix it. the problem went away for a while, but now it's back. :mad:

schoeli
13-09-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't know if you have this problem, but when i play mp3, i can not receive a call. I don't know how to fix it. the problem went away for a while, but now it's back. :mad:

i had this problem once, too. but now there's an other one: when i listen to mp3 and recieve a call at the same time, the mp3 stops (thats ok, i know :P). but after the call the mp3-player freezes and can't be quit, except with a reboot. probably a task-manager can solve this problem, but haven't tried it yet.

Webkham
13-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Please!!

I would like to know if I have to buy the phone or not. I'm really interested in because of its features and design... but after reading this post I have the same problem as Manolo and oh1jty!!!

I don't really see a firmware update solving all those bugs...

Does anyone recommend me the phone?

Thank you in advance!

psintak
13-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Try to hold receive button on HF longer or push it more times - it works for me.

ataru12
13-09-2004, 04:42 PM
i had this problem once, too. but now there's an other one: when i listen to mp3 and recieve a call at the same time, the mp3 stops (thats ok, i know :P). but after the call the mp3-player freezes and can't be quit, except with a reboot. probably a task-manager can solve this problem, but haven't tried it yet.
Same problem here, the phone cant get calls through when in mp3 mode.I guess the firmware interprets the mp3 as you being busy so it locks out all the rest. Or it could be using to much cpu to deal with calls as well

urbanscrawl
13-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm loving my phone I have to say. It has everything going for it really - these bugs are really so irrelevant to the enjoyment of the phone. Everyone is just listing them here, no matter how small, so that they can be fixed - I wouldn't let it put you off. Seriously, stop fannying about and buy the phone - you won't regret it!

Webkham
13-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm loving my phone I have to say. It has everything going for it really - these bugs are really so irrelevant to the enjoyment of the phone. Everyone is just listing them here, no matter how small, so that they can be fixed - I wouldn't let it put you off. Seriously, stop fannying about and buy the phone - you won't regret it!

Thank you!!! I think we should create a post just to recommend the phone!! Cuz people can be scaried because of this my-sendo-has-bugs post!!

Anyone disappointed with SendoX!?

Manolo
13-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Here in Spain people is beginning to get mad about the phone... in the spanish forum Sendo X is the worst mobile phone ever...

and they are right, cuz what can we say about a phone with a beta version OS and lots of problems (that seem to be hardware)

If anyone wants to help Sendo: tell them they're screwing all this up!!!

People is giving some kind of Ultimatum to Sendo. It's their turn to answer.

SPEEDMAN
13-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Try to hold receive button on HF longer or push it more times - it works for me.
i think you misunderstood me,

i don't SEE the call coming in , because it is NOT coming in !
when my friends call me, they hear my voicemailbox in stead of the ring tone.

this should be fixed in the new firmware. :)

as for the ultimatum: i would expect a final firmware by end september, but that's just my feeling. I can't see it taking longer then september and november all together !

anyway

i still love my X and people should try the new agile messenger, works so wonderful ! :icon14: :cool:

xerxes
14-09-2004, 09:36 PM
I have just returned from a two day business trip abroad.

The Sendo functioned perfectly for the whole time and I didn't even have to charge it despite using it quite a bit on both days - lots of calls, about two hours of game play plus two hours of MP3.

By the way I have been able to receive calls whilst listening to MP3. I have had the problem with the phone locking up when I try to return to the MP3 player after the call (reported last week) but only once.

To be honest I think this phone is truely excellent. The only thing that would make me change is if I decide to go for the new SE P910 for its greater business functionality.

Wireless Monkey
15-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Does anyone have a solid idea on what will the new firmware fix?!? And when will it be released???!

ThanX!

Shaggy
15-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Will there be also a OS update for this Phone, from 6 to 7?

Shaggy

Nightwisher
15-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Will there be also a OS update for this Phone, from 6 to 7?

Shaggy

O.S. update (i.e. symbian 6.1 for 7 or 8), for what i know, is impossible.
This also applies to other phones (nokia 6600, 7610, se p900 etc).

stuclark
16-09-2004, 10:58 AM
There won't be an OS update - that's too much of a big change, and would almost certainly not be able to do OTA. It would also mean a lot of re-engineering would have to take place.

You won't see Symbian 7 on a Sendo until the next product release. (at least)

xerxes
16-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Does anyone have a solid idea on what will the new firmware fix?!? And when will it be released???!

ThanX!

The firmware update must be imminent. Fender79 just reported that the phone he just bought from Pixmania has a new version on it.

stuclark
16-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Yes, but interestingly enough, Fender's firmware has a release date which pre-dates that of the last known beta. (28th August)

Nightwisher
16-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Where i can get the betas?

SPEEDMAN
16-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Yes, but interestingly enough, Fender's firmware has a release date which pre-dates that of the last known beta. (28th August)
all phones that are sold now have the same firmware version as the beta.

Germany releases phones with the beta, UK waits untill next FW.