View Full Version : Email attachment problem - Orange 7610

Jay3gsm
11-07-2004, 09:55 PM
I recently purcahsed a sim free 7610, and I'm using it on Orange. A couple of times I've tried sending full size pictures as email attachments from the phone. Now at nearly 300k a shot I won't be doing that very often, for sure, but each time the attachment has arrived as a text file. Sending lower sized pics (using the normal setting on the camera) works fine, and I've never had this sort of problem on any previous S60 handset. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what the problem is? I'm guessing the email is too large for the Orange server, but until Orange officially release the handset the CS and tech support is non existant. If anyone has an answer, or opinion I'd be happy to hear it. Many thanks.

willbrady
12-07-2004, 07:19 AM
I send full size picture attachments all the time, works fine for me, I'm on T-Mobile.
So I guess it's something to do with Orange, or at least their mail server.
Do you have another E-Mail Server you can send your mail thru?

Will

Jay3gsm
12-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Using an Orange SIM will I be able to try a different mail server? The only other SIMS I have are foreign network ones, I can imgagine how much the cost would be for sending a full size photo while 'roaming!'

willbrady
12-07-2004, 10:21 AM
You need to find a public smtp server, try a google search.
Or if you have a company mail server ask your IT guy if you can relay thru it.