View Full Version : SX1 -> MRouter -> Windows XP: Fatal Exception...????

joch1975
09-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi there,

I just got my SX1. I'm trying to connect it to my pc (Windows XP, Siemens Data Suite 1.1.50) via the USB-cable that came with the package. Unfortunately, MRouter constantly stops the connection, after showing me a message "Fatal Exception: Access Violation". What on earth could this be?

The SX1 has been installed as a modem on COM4 (Windows XP tells me that there isn't a certified driver, is this normal?), I have a normal modem on COM3, COM1 and COM2 have been disabled. In other words, there can't be an old fashioned COM-port conflict... So what else could this be?

Thanks,
Regards,
Jochem.

kingbob II
28-07-2004, 07:10 PM
ive had da same poblem with my sx1, i think ive got a solution to it because it worked on my computer, you might have a internl modem that screws up yre mrouter, try disabling it via device manger, da driver sighning things normal

not registered
29-07-2004, 07:57 PM
dats wrong, dat method only works with th6600.
you have to switch any firewalls and disable any anti spyware software eg spybot s&d

DirkH
11-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem disabling Virusscanner and Firewall, did not result into a better situation, but I tried to let both processes (mRouterRuntime mRouterConfig)
run on the same CPU, using the task manager and it worked even with SP2 Firewall McAfee Virus scanner on.

But after a while it still crashes, but this better then nothing!

This manual work around also helps for Hyperthread machines, permant work around would be the disabling of Hyperthreading in the BIOS!

Good Luck,
Dirk

takoka
13-12-2004, 10:12 AM
hi there i guess i have the same problem. my mrouter doesn't recognise my mobile.
can somebody please tell me step by step how to get the com ports working? i think my modem uses com3 and that's the one mrouter tries to connect to and it screws up my modem. ?!
HELP

nirajmitchell
23-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Just for starters...I have windows Xp Sp2 with McAfee Anti-virus and my insternal modem activated. I have just de-installed my Vodafone Connect Me software for my Vodafone Connect Card and my P900 now connects to the laptop and I can syncronise and backup as normal.

Moral of the story is...what was the last piece of software you installed before the Error?

Hope this helps! :D

memarian
25-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Dear,

With Firewalls (Zonealarm,McAfee,Norton,...) you must set this access for

mRouterRuntime & mRouterConfig :

Allow these programs to act as SERVER for both trusted zone (Local Network)

& Internet.

Allow these programs to connect to Internet.

or Disable Your Firewall.

This solve the problem.

mjasolis
05-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Dear,

With Firewalls (Zonealarm,McAfee,Norton,...) you must set this access for

mRouterRuntime & mRouterConfig :

Allow these programs to act as SERVER for both trusted zone (Local Network)

& Internet.

Allow these programs to connect to Internet.

or Disable Your Firewall.

This solve the problem.

The only solution I found was installing my Anti-Virus software... now it works flawlessly but I dont have an anti-virus installed... :(