View Full Version : PCsuite connection!

ANORTHOSiS 1911
03-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Has anybody connected N7610 with PCsuite ? If yes how did you do it ?
I cannot connect mine.
:)

andy23
03-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Hello,

i got my 7610 this week and i do seem to have some problems with the Nokia PC Suite also. First of, the version that came with the phone was 6.1 and the 'contact and message editor' brings up a dialog that it's not compatible with my phone. Great what a mess on the side of Nokia. I went to the 7610 support page and downloaded version 6.2 in the hopes that the contact editor would work. I uninstalled PC Suite 6.1, restarted and installed 6.2. Same thing, my phone seems not supported. I was p*ssed. Well, the support site states that Apples iSync should work, but we all know it doesn't and i have also tried that. What's up with Nokia Support here, are they so busy that they can't get a few facts straight and more importantly release a version of their PC Suite that work with all aspects of their new phone?

The USB-Pop-port connection works just fine, after installing the drivers from the CD.
Just to be on topic :-)

Any help from the community is very appreciated.

AndY

bongkh88
05-07-2004, 03:02 AM
hi.., yeah... i have the same problem with u! so until now have u solve it yet? i email to the nokia support but they didn't even reply yet!

ANORTHOSiS 1911
05-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Nothing yet. The only thing I can do is to syncronise it with my outlook.
:icon13:

RoYaL21
06-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Minimal: Windows XP Service Pack 1

1. Install USB drivers (from the cd)
2. Install PC Suite 6.1 (from cd)
3. Plug in the USB cable into the PC
4. Connect the phone with USB cable via pop-port
5a. Start PC Suite
5b. Goto My Computer and click on Nokia Phone Browser

rukshan1130
21-02-2005, 01:21 PM
it depends on your computer operating system if its xp or 2000 it is allright if it is me,98 or 95 the pc suite doesent work on these systems if the phone doesent connect syill please download the pc suite from nokia.com u canb down load it for free

yuhackman
22-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Nokia PC Suite 6.41.6 is the latest version of PC suite and you can download it from Nokia web site for free.

I tried it with my 6670 and it works just fine wit USB and BTooth, with no troubles whatsoever.

sandeep108
22-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Yes. I also downloaded and installed pc suite 6.4. I did not need to install any additional cable drivers also. It works just fine for browsing / transferring files, backups, installing apps, tones, etc. My setup hangs on contacts however, but that may be because I have a huge list. Nokia has clearly stated on their site that sms/text editor of pc suite is not compatible with 7610/6670.

pcdee
03-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello

I also installed the lastest Nokia Suite last night and all is fine on the 7610. ;)

Justagirl
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Does anybody know if there is a way to install the drivers of nokia pc suite without first installing XP service pack 1. I have a couple of programs on there that wont work if I do install SP1, so if there is a way I'd be grateful to know.

Thanks guys :D

Justagirl
04-03-2005, 12:47 PM
anybody? otherwise i'm gonna have to take this phone back - damn nokia and their pc suite...... :frown:

thrilla
13-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Minimal: Windows XP Service Pack 1

1. Install USB drivers (from the cd)
2. Install PC Suite 6.1 (from cd)
3. Plug in the USB cable into the PC
4. Connect the phone with USB cable via pop-port
5a. Start PC Suite
5b. Goto My Computer and click on Nokia Phone Browser

Omg.. thank you so much.. because I would click on transfer files on the PC Suite.. but it was lag SO MUCH.. I love you man.. you made my day.. now I gotta get GPRS to work on Cingular in America

KaZ
29-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I have connected my phone to my pc through my DKU-2 Cable and i think the cable is fine. My PC Suite is the thing that i think is the problem. It recognises that my phone is connected (but recently it doesnt recognise it is connected), when i go onto Transfer Music it opens as normal. It recognises that my phone is connected and after refreshing the box at the bottom it finally gets to the location that i want my music to be transfered to. After slecting my track i click Transfer to Phone, about two seconds after the bottom box refreshes and does not attempt to transfer. I go to the explorer and the same thing happens! :mad:

I am using the newst version of the Nokia PC Suite which is 6.41.6

If any of you lotz no what to do.... please tell me! i would really appreciate it!! Thankz!