View Full Version : mmc formated with ntfs file system and now isn't recognized by windows

prce
02-07-2004, 02:26 PM
well.I have an 128 mb apacer mmc card and i formated it like an ntfs disk.it still work but now windows won't recognized it.I can still write on it with my fexplorer.would buying an card reader/writer help me?or is there another way.ps:i have still an 32 mb card and it is ok.help

Prce
03-07-2004, 02:06 PM
can someone help me or?

strayan
03-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Have you formatted it in the phone? Why not get a memory card reader and try, they sell them in Australia for about AUD$25 - which, using my n-gage currency covertor works out to be approx GBP 10 :)

blindpilot
03-07-2004, 03:37 PM
the best way for you to go is to buy the external mmc reader or borrow one or if your broke an wanna try something diferent

go to a photo develope place that developes digital photos and stuff (ill recomend a pharmacy...from a big franchise its easier to find incompetent ppl who dont know what they are doing) prettend you want to develope after the person dont know what to do becuse it cant read the card ask them to format the card on FAT 16 which i belive its just FAT on the options ....if they ask it usually have 3 option NFTS,FAT 32 and FAT....you just want the FAT

if you wanna do it by your onw dont wanna ask nobody and look like a dork to a 15 year old on the pharmacy, you can also try one of the kodaks machines but way i have never use so i dont know how far you can go handeling the card on format and other issues

ill sallow my pride and ask the ppl on the photo develope section or your local pharmacy :P

gouki
04-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6510/1.0 (04.06) UP.Link/5.1.1.3)

I'm suprised ntfs works on your n-gage, but if it isn't recognised on your comp I guess you should copy your important files onto your phone then do a format with your phone from tools|memory.

Prce
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
I formated it with the n-gage but without result!!

I also formated it with an 6600 but the same.

gouki
04-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6510/1.0 (04.06) UP.Link/5.1.1.3)

Holy shit! Format it with a digital camera, that might work. If it doesn't try the memory card readers in the above posts. If you still get no results, it might be corrupt-in which case you should ask the seller to take a look.