View Full Version : Troubleshooting Bluetooth to connect to Nokia 6600

Kurgan
15-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I've just got my new toy and am still enjoying exploring it, so please forgive any glaring ignorance.

I've got two related questions.
I'm using a cheap generic bluetooth USB dongle and the WIDCOMM 1.4.2.10 rivers.
After much swearing I eventually got Phone and Nokia PC Suite talking.

Firstly and most importantly - does anyone have any idea why if I break the connection the only way to reestablish it is to unpair both devices, delete the shortcut in the bluetooth software and start from scratch? I cannot just reconnect the saved connection, which would be far, far simpler. Just figuring out what I needed to do to get it working again took a long time.

Secondly my file transfers average about 22 KBps, which I note from the archive is on the good side of average or so. The predicted transfer rate between two bluetooth devices of this type is around 120KBps though is it not (my dongle claims a top speed of around 720KBps)? It is much slower than i was expecting to find.

Moning2
27-06-2004, 03:35 PM
for ur speed 'problem': bluetooth may be faster, but ur phone can't write that fast so the speed is limited, I get 50 KB/s if i write 2 my Apacer 256 MB MMC, 25 KB/s if i write to phone mem, and 18 KB/s if I write 2 the standard 32 MB MMC supplied with the phone

If i break the connection from my phone i have to stop my bluetooth device and start it again and reconnect and then everything works again :icon14: , but if I disconnect from the Bluetooth tray icon, nothings wrong, just reconnect and everything works again, so try reinstalling ur drivers (1.4.2.11 is out now ;) )
btw: I have a Sitecom (WIDCOMM) Bluetooth dongle :)

sunxpert
23-08-2004, 09:54 PM
could someone give me a link to where I can download good WIDCOMM drivers, I'm using 1.4.3 widcomm software and mrouter just do not want to see the cell phone...all ports enabled, no firewalled turned on..just whatever I tried never gave a good result.

I'm sure it is about drivers...