View Full Version : putting videos on 7610

ntn
09-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi ,
I have done a lot of searching about putting videos on a 7610.
so far , i have been able to convert video to correct resolution and rotate it using virtualDub.
now for the questions:
-can i encode using xvid or divx or do i need to use a certain codec?
-what is the frame rate of the 7610 screen? ( i guesss same as 6600 but whats its frame rate?)
- after i have done this , what is the role of programs like smart movie or mobiclip etc...?
More or less , im looking to create a complete but simple tutorial for putting video on 7610.
Thanks for all your help.

GhostDog
10-06-2004, 12:12 AM
ntn,well...you haven't searched enough.There are guides and tutorials in other device forums(N-Gage,6600 etc etc).Since the all run Series 60 the tutorial are relevant for all of them,including the 7610.

You don't need to use VirtualDub,use SmartMovie's convertor and their XVID version instead.
SmartMovie uses XVID/DIVX,Mobiclip uses its own codec.
I believe the screen can go up to 15 FPS.
The role of Mobiclip and SmartMovie is to play the video file on the actual device since they ARE video players.

Once again,search the forums,the information is there.Recycling threads is not exactly productive.

ntn
10-06-2004, 11:02 AM
so far . I havent found any tutorials elsewhere on the forums, please put me a link to what you think is the appropriate post.
I believe there are some essential differences in between 7610 and ngage/6600 such as screen size , proccesing power (video rendering) etc... so some stuff is pretty different thats why i think this topic deserves its own thread.
If i use VirtualDub (to resize and rotate the the image), is the resulting xvid encoded avi file viewable on a 7610 ? and is it same size or larger than smartmoive or mobiclip encoded file?
for 7610 video , is divX or Xvid better? I'm guessing xvid but wouldnt mind a second opinion.

my goal is to make a web site with comprehensive tutorial and database of converted videos so please help if you can. thks

GhostDog
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
All of them have the same screen size and same CPU(Processing power) so there aren't any essential differences.

ntn
10-06-2004, 03:53 PM
All of them have the same screen size and same CPU(Processing power) so there aren't any essential differences.

from using the ngage , i get the feeling it goes at more than 15FPS (15fps is way too little for gaming) , which is the frame rate u indicated for 7610 so they obviously have different speed cpu and graphic chipset...

N/A
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
The 7610 actually has a slightly faster CPU than the N-Gage. The N-Gage has no special graphics/video chips/accellerators.

ntn
10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
ok but more importantly is the original questions:
"If i use VirtualDub (to resize and rotate the the image), is the resulting xvid encoded avi file viewable on a 7610 ? and is it same size or larger than smartmoive or mobiclip encoded file?
for 7610 video , is divX or Xvid better? I'm guessing xvid but wouldnt mind a second opinion.

my goal is to make a web site with comprehensive tutorial and database of converted videos so please help if you can. thks"