View Full Version : How to call the Opera browser from My application.

ggprakash
03-05-2004, 09:21 AM
[COLOR=Black]Hi All,
In my app i'm able to call the Internet browser using the AppUid of the Browser. But I dont have the AppUid of Opera browser which i installed on to my P800 Device. Pls let me Know is there any way to get the AppUid and Call the Opera Browser from My Application. My application is written using Symbian C++.

ggprakash

ggprakash
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
[COLOR=Black]Hi All,
In my app i'm able to call the Internet browser using the AppUid of the Browser. But I dont have the AppUid of Opera browser which i installed on to my P800 Device. Pls let me Know is there any way to get the AppUid and Call the Opera Browser from My Application. My application is written using Symbian C++.

ggprakash

cmatthee
03-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Copy the opera app to your PC and open it using a hex editor. The first 4 integers (each 4 bytes long) forms the UID number. The first two specifies the class and subclass. The third number is the one you should use. The fourth is a checksum.

intelligence123
23-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Copy the opera app to your PC and open it using a hex editor. The first 4 integers (each 4 bytes long) forms the UID number. The first two specifies the class and subclass. The third number is the one you should use. The fourth is a checksum.

Ok, I've managed to launch the browser - how do I pass it a url to open?

sdmehta
14-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Ok, I've managed to launch the browser - how do I pass it a url to open?
Even I wanted to do that.. if you found the answer... do post to this thread..