View Full Version : A925 3mail & pop3

gadgetscene
23-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi people

Just got the a925 :)

wondering if anybody can help, i set up the 3mail with no problems i then tried to set up my pop3 email account, just couldnt get it to work. I then called the 3 technical support guys, we went through a few things settings etc.. personally though i dont think he really knew what he was on about!! after an hour on the phone with Mr 3 i still couldnt send or receive pop3 mail on the hand set. Now, not only can i not send and receive the pop3 mail i cant even send and receive 3mail (imap). Theres gotta be some super techie person out there that can help me out, whats the use having one of these phones if you cant even email with it? any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

gadgetscene

nicolaehfsttlr
07-05-2004, 03:00 AM
there is no reason why ur 3mail account doesnt work except for the settings. here they are : -

go into control panel then messaging accounts

edit 3mail
e-mail address: what u first registered the name to show up as e.g. gadgetscene@3mail.com
Connection type: imap
internet account: 3gprs
Click inbox
username: ur 3 telephone number in international format without the plus. (i.e 447782.......)
Password: the one u used when u first set up the account.
incoming server address: imap.three.co.uk

click outbox
outgoing server address: smtp.three.co.uk

click advanced
secure connection: unchecked
outgoing mail port: 25
use mime encoding: checked
incoming mail port: 143
secure password authentication:N/A

all other options are up to yourself.

when finished, click done.

you can access as many different 3mail accounts as you like.

As for pop3, i am afraid the 3 network does not provide full accessibility to the internet facilities. what will usually happen is a failure notice will read "DND report: server refused connection"

this means that they are able to provide the service currently but do not do so. As it is with the a925, it was created so that the connection speed to the 3gprs network was faster than the other handsets in order to be able to use the phone as a wireless connection to the internet for PC's, but i found out that they have the service but do not provide it stupidly.

There is however a phone coming out at the end of the year, motorola a1000, which apparently has an open connection to the internet and a http browser on the phone, but whether or not they will provide the service by then is unknown, though i would assume they will.

hope this helps.

p.s. if you need the pop3 settings for accessing mail, go to your account on the internet, log in, and go into settings. more often that not there will be the option of forwarding mail or setting it up for pop3 access. in this they will have the settings when you enable pop3 access.

nick.

04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Same Here, Just got the LG U8110 and cant do pop3 and asked customer services - nothing!

damski
04-06-2004, 02:56 PM
it's not the handset thats stopping you, it's 3, so no handset connected to the 3 network will allow you to hook up to any internet services outside of the 'walled garden'

Damski,

3mailc0nfus3d
14-06-2004, 08:48 AM
anyone hav any idea how/where i can register for a 3mail account?

confucious
16-06-2004, 05:33 AM
anyone hav any idea how/where i can register for a 3mail account?
If you have a 3UK account you have a 3mail account. Your email address is +44778....@3mail.co.uk until you go into mail via services on your handset where you can set up a username.

The password is your voicemail PIN which defaults to 0000 unless you have changed it.

HTH :)

3mailc0nfus3d
17-06-2004, 08:39 PM
thnx for replyin... i'll try that..

tecky10
07-07-2004, 11:51 AM
I have a pop3 account set up on my a925 and it was easy as!!

All I did was set up the 3netaccess giving me unlimited connection to the real net, and used that as the connection to recieve my mail!!

confucious
19-07-2004, 10:36 AM

All I did was set up the 3netaccess giving me unlimited connection to the real net, and used that as the connection to recieve my mail!!

Which country are you in? It is impossible in the UK because of the Walled Garden

janq
12-08-2004, 06:13 PM

i read your statement with interest. Like others, i can access my 3mail but no other POP3 mailbox (with the message DND report: server refused connection).

What do you mean "all i did was set up the 3netaccess"? Are you based in the UK?

EXACTLY how do you do that? I have a Motorola A920.

Thanks in advance.

JQ

Jeffers
28-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Yes i have had problems with the pop3......cannot get it working on the phone....

What u can do is go into www.three.com.au and go into your account where u get e-mail online. There is an area there where you can change the setup of the mail. There you can add a pop3 account account and it will poll every so often.

Then when you access your three account from the phone myou then suck in indirectly the pop3 account.

AJ

Does anyone know where u can get free games and software for the phone?