View Full Version : Serious Problem - Please Help

andrear
19-11-2001, 08:28 AM
Please someone, help me!! A few days ago I did a restart of the Communicator using Taskmanager whilst in "Flight Profile". Since then, I haven't been able to switch on my communicator. It's totally dead. I tried taking the battery out for a few hours, plugged the power cord in the phone, but nothing, the screen inside stays off, the phone on/off button dosen't switch the phone on. I'm running version 3.18. Please someone, help me. Thanks Andrea

JeP
19-11-2001, 08:45 AM
I'm afraid that you have to send it to Nokia service point where they put new firmware in.. and you lost all data if you haven't take backup.

Weird thing.. i suppose that your phone doesn't say "flight profile choosen"`on phone side when you try power on?<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by JeP on 2001-11-19 0946 ]</font>

Manowar
19-11-2001, 04:24 PM
Yes, I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, but Nokia Service Point gave me a new 9210 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck, Andrea

NineTwoOneO
19-11-2001, 11:08 PM
Hi Andrea,

What you might try (but no guarantee given) is to connect the 9210 to your PC and to remove the files on Communicator\C\System\Controls\Profile.* and restore those from a backup. Then remove the battery, wait a while and put it all in. This might work (I have had experiences with a corrupt profile-set and solved it this way)...

Succes!

PS if you do not have the files backed up I can send you mine, but I don't know if this will help.