View Full Version : HELP. I may have killed the startmenu on A920

Insomniac1
15-04-2004, 08:59 PM
The probleme:
I tried to change the language on the startmenu from danish to
english by editing snack.ini in C:\system\apps\now

I made a copy and called it snack.old and this is still on the phone. Then edited the snack.ini and changed all txt from danish to english.
This the phone didn't like and now when the phone starts up it stops at a nice white screen with a big blue 3.

Only thing that works is shutdown or if I call it then I can answer the call on the phone.
I cant get to the program menu or any other menu.

If you have an shortcut by using the keys to get to the Apps menu so that I can get Desktop suite started and connect to pc with USB, then plz let me know.

Or a way to start USB connection by using the keys on the phone.

If I can get an USB connection then there is no probleme.

Do you know if a format of the phone's c: drive, and then a restart, restores the system automatically? As it does on the SE P800.
How do you start a format?

With kind regards

Jan

Ps. Full Reset didn't help.
I've got the "crack" for desktop suite so that you can take control
over the phone and copy all the tones or backgrounds you want to
the phone. :icon4: And it is not illegal SW since its never been nearby
Motorola, its freeware by Ruptor.

G.P
21-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Hello,

I had a similar problem when I modified the Snack files. Finally I flashed the phone, i.e. I did re-install the operating system. All data was gone, but at least the phone works again. I will never touch the Snack files....

Cheers,
Günther

fragie
28-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi Jan

I don't know how to help you, and this is a bit out of topic, but...

Are you from Denmark?

Im danish, and kinda looking for other a920/a925 users that could help me get started with the phone. (Would like to end up writing applications for it, since im already an ok at C++ programming)

And.. I'd very much like a copy of that "crack" you have! :)

With regards from
- Pierre

Insomniac1
29-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Hej Pierre, jeg er fra Danmark.

Jeg er ikke sikker på hvor meget jeg kan hjælpe dig men ligger da inde med en del viden om disse telefoner nu. Skyldes 3's mangel på viden.

Send mig en privat message med din email adresse.

Mvh

Jan

Hi Jan

I don't know how to help you, and this is a bit out of topic, but...

Are you from Denmark?

Im danish, and kinda looking for other a920/a925 users that could help me get started with the phone. (Would like to end up writing applications for it, since im already an ok at C++ programming)

And.. I'd very much like a copy of that "crack" you have! :)

With regards from
- Pierre

satan666
16-01-2005, 04:17 AM
Sry for boring but could someone help me with A1000, so I could too make my own programs (C++/Java) my e-mail is vasiljevic69@gmail.com