View Full Version : Sending MMS with MIDIs ?

df99
10-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Neither the built in MMS program nor Cool MMS 1.03 or MMS it 0.33 are capable of sending MMS with MIDIs on the SX1. They all support .AMR files only.

This sucks bigtime! Even my old T610 could send MIDI Files with an MMS.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is?

MemphisX
12-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Neither the built in MMS program nor Cool MMS 1.03 or MMS it 0.33 are capable of sending MMS with MIDIs on the SX1. They all support .AMR files only.

This sucks bigtime! Even my old T610 could send MIDI Files with an MMS.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is?
Unfortunately this is one of the disadvantages of Series60. There is only one way to send a MIDI ringtone by using Wildpalms Zipman. Zipman will compress any collection of files you want into one zip file and send it as an MMS or e-mail. Unfortunately the receiver must be either a smartphone that has also installed zipman or a PC. I remember sending succesfully a zip file containing several midi files through MMS on a P800 some time ago using my 7650 and zipman. I assume it is the same with SX1.

df99
12-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Well that sucks the big one now does it :mad: Almost 600 euros for a telephone that cannot even send a simply midi file and other phones that costs less than a third of that price can do it :icon13:

Hopefully some company will make it happen and give us a REAL MMS/SMS Tool that is able to do it.

tylerd
16-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately this is one of the disadvantages of Series60. There is only one way to send a MIDI ringtone by using Wildpalms Zipman. Zipman will compress any collection of files you want into one zip file and send it as an MMS or e-mail. Unfortunately the receiver must be either a smartphone that has also installed zipman or a PC. I remember sending succesfully a zip file containing several midi files through MMS on a P800 some time ago using my 7650 and zipman. I assume it is the same with SX1.

Actually, i use MMS IT ver.0.33 and can send midi files to any model that supports midis(it must be rather small in order to play in non-symbian phones). Only when i send midis to a Samsung (V200 ), it doesn't play and makes strange noize. Check it out!

BrOllY
22-09-2004, 09:34 PM
from where i can get MMS IT ver.0.33 ??????